Chapter 5 - Purgatory Breaks Loose

AUBREY'S P.O.V

"-brey! Aubrey!"

I groaned and swatted at the voice that was intervening with my sleep. "Lee me lone." I mumbled.

"Aubrey!" Luca's voice shouted.

I opened my eyes simply to glare at him when I noticed that I was no longer in my bedroom.

"Why am I in the infirmary?" I groaned as I stretched and yawned.

"I found you passed out on the bathroom floor in our bedroom. You've been knocked-out the entire day Aubrey! What the hell happened?"

My eyes widened at the relevation. I have been asleep the entire day? That means...

I looked out the window, and the night sky was filled with the stars and the bright moon. Holy shit. I turned back to my worried mate. "I was in the spiritual realm. I saw the Moon Goddess and other Supernatural creatures. We had a meeting about the war but I swear it didn't feel like I was there for more than an hour." Damn, time goes by really fast in the spiritual realm...

His eyes widened. "You spoke with the Moon Goddess?" A pout flourished on his lips. "How come I wasn't invited to the meeting?"

His pout made me laugh and I kissed away the sad look on his face. "If the pack found out both the Luna and Alpha fell unconscious at the same time they'd be running around like chickens with their heads cut off."

He nodded. "Touché."

"Aub-"

A thought came to mind. "What time is it?"

"It's 11:45."

I practically jumped out of the bed once those words escaped his mouth. "It's fucking 11:45 and you've been sitting around waiting for me to wake up? Everyone should be preparing for the war! We shouldn't be wasting any more time-"

Luca grabbed my arm. "Aubrey, wait! I have to tell you-"

"We don't have time to wait!" My anxiety was spiking at the thought that we were 15 mins away from a war that may destroy our entire realm. "We have to-"

"You're pregnant!" Luca interrupted me.

My mouth snapped close at his words. "W-what." My voice cracked since my entire mouth dried once I heard the news. "I'm p-pregnant?"

He nodded solemnly knowing that I didn't want to have a baby right now. He scratched the back of his neck. "You're three weeks along. We found out when the pack doctor checked your vitals."

I froze when the words of the Moon Goddess surfaced in my mind: Enjoy my gift darling!

I can't be pregnant. Not when the war is near. What if I fuck up? What if I get injured in battle? What if I get a miscarriage because of my negligence? What if-

"Aubrey!" Luca grabbed my shoulders and softly shook me out of my thoughts. "Calm down. Just take deep breaths. It's not good for the baby."

"The b-baby." I stuttered. "I've been extensively training for the past 3 weeks. My stress levels have been off the charts lately and I've been carrying our baby this whole time." Tears welled up in my eyes.

Luca cupped my cheeks and wiped away the stray tears that managed to fall. "Hey, don't cry. The doctor said that our baby is perfectly healthy. You haven't been doing anything wrong."