Chapter 7 - Relinquish II

SAPPHIRE'S P.O.V

"Hey!"

I rolled my eyes at the sound of the witch struggling to catch up behind me. I snickered when I heard the sound of her getting whacked in the face with a tree branch. What a fucking idiot.

"Hey, I'm talking to you!"

"Oh I know, I just refuse to waste any time by listening to you." I rolled my eyes and continued to walk through the forest as I swirled my scythe.

"Where the hell are we going?"

"Back to the pack of course."

"What pack?"

I sighed in annoyance before finally turning towards her. "Listen Seaweed head. Can you stop asking so many goddamn questions before I decide to use this scythe to reopen the wound in your neck? I did it once and I'll gladly do it again. This time I can't promise you another resurrection." I shot her a devilish grin and I could see the fear in her eyes. That look sent my human heart pumping. I fed off of the fear of others and I tried very hard not to let the feeling consume me.

"Why did you resurrect me anyways?"

Here we go with the fucking questions. "Because I need your help defeating Reginald." I turned around and continued walking.

"And why would I help you do that?"

I paused my footsteps before closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. Don't kill her again Sapphire, you need her. I turned around and faced her once again. "Because as Reginald made it oh-so-very clear: you aren't shit to him. Therefore you should not feel obliged to kiss his ass anymore than you had to prior to your death. To get revenge, you are now gonna help me defeat him. If not I'll gladly send you to the pits of hell myself. Trust me: I'm very close to the devil." I grinned showing off my sharp teeth and she visibly shivered from the display.

"How do I know you're not going to use me and toss me away like Reginald did?"

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Who said I wasn't going to do all those things?" I tilted my head in confusion and watched as her face changed into a look of surprise at my words. I began creeping towards her slowly. "Listen here Sea Urchin," I began. I could see her physically gulp as she stood there in fear. "I revived your useless ass so that means that your pathetic little life is now in my hands; so whatever I say goes. If I tell you to kiss my feet, you will do so with the utmost passion and determination. There is no questioning me and my authority because your soul belonged to me the second my blood touched your tongue. There's nothing within you that would even allow you to betray me anyway because you now belong to me." I whispered the last line, and my cool breath brushed against her lip; she looked in my eyes in shock before nodding her head.

I backed up out of her personal space before continuing to walk off. "I hope that's the last of your questions because I won't hesitate to injure you on the way there. You only really need one hand to cast a spell after all."

I could hear the sound of her footsteps increase in pace, and I smirked to myself. Pathetic. After all most creatures were in comparison to myself. Aubrey though has her moments.

When we made it back to the pack, all that was left was a bloody mess. There were bodies of dead wolves, but a lot more of Rejected Angels. I shook my head before whistling as I walked over the carcasses and making sure to stomp on the heads of a few twitching Rejects on the way inside. My pet witch followed behind meekly as I'm sure the smell of blood and death were overwhelming her senses.