Chapter 2 - Back Home

AUBREY'S P.O.V

"So Mrs. Emily Daniels...how's the mated life been treating ya?" I asked her with a smirk.

She rolled her eyes before throwing popcorn at me. "Oh, shut up. You know Chase and I are doing fine." She mumbled with a blush on her cheeks.

"Oh I know, I just love teasing you about it." I snickered before shoving a handful of popcorn in my mouth.

Emily, who was once the shy omega from Red Moon Pack, was now the Luna of Blue Moon pack and mated to my eldest brother, Chase Daniels. Though Chase was a dick before their relationship could even officially begin, he managed to win my best friend over again by treating her the way he should've all along. Once Chase accepted their mate bond, Emily was finally able to shift into her wolf when it almost seemed like she never would.

My sperm donor and his wife were surprisingly very open to having Emily as the Luna of the pack, which honestly blew my mind because they were the most judgmental people I knew. Turns out my sperm donor only liked her because she appeared to be the docile, submissive mate which is a quality he liked in his trophy wives.

To this day that man disgusts me.

"Well what about you Mrs. Aubrey Knight? Give me the update on you and Luca." She sat up on her spot on the couch and continued to munch on her handfuls of popcorn as The Devil Wears Prada played in the background.

"He wants to have another baby." I mumbled as I stared at the screen. Meryl Streep is honestly such a queen, what the fuck?

A sparkle flourished in her eyes once those words came out of my mouth. "And that's a bad thing because?" She asked incredulously.

"Because in a couple weeks I have to save the fucking world, and I don't exactly think it's the best idea to do that pregnant." I emphasized the last word.

"Aubrey c'mon." She whined. "We all know your gonna kickass along with the rest of us. Besides you can't blame Luca for wanting to knock you up, I mean look at you."

I smirked at her compliment. "Thanks but it seems to me that everyone is undermining the severity of this situation. I feel like I'm the only one freaking out about this. Why am I so trepidatious while everyone else is so nonchalant?"

"Aubrey, you honestly have the right to be more freaked out than anyone else. Even though the prophecy says this is a Supernatural war, this is your war. I mean if this were a fucking movie, you'd be the protagonist. You're the one that has to fight this demon that has been haunting you for years now but on a larger scale. On top of that, your best friend is on the opposite side of the battlefield. But even though all this is true, I promise you you're not the only way getting worked up over this. It only feels that way because the world is literally on your shoulders."

I leaned my head on her shoulder as I pouted. "I'm just one girl, one person. Why am I the one who has to save the world? This isn't DC Comics or Marvel, so why the fuck do I have to be the heroic protagonist?"

Emily wrapped an arm around my shoulder before rubbing it assuringly. "I don't know kiddo, but just know that you're not alone in this fight. We're all here to love and support you."

"You're only 2 years older than me Em."

"And in those 2 years I learned a whole lot."

I rolled my eyes before lifting my head off her shoulder.

"I'm home losers!" A voice shouted after the front door opened and closed. In walked Danielle with a tired looking Bryan walking behind her with multiple shopping bags in his arms. The brands ranged from Gucci to Prada to Victoria's Secret. "Bryan don't you dare drop those bags, they're worth more than your entire wardrobe!"