[2] Rogue

Rogue

«»«»«»«»
A U B R E Y
«»«»«»«»

     The Moon Goddess:

The mystical deity known as the creator of the creatures that thrive underneath the iridescent glimmer of the silver moon (i.e werewolves, vampires, fae, etc). It is under her loving hand that we wolves exist, and it is under her watchful eye that we continue to prosper—at least that's what we're told anyway.

       Don't get me wrong: I am forever grateful to have Amazon in my life—being a mere human would definitely suck—but it seems like this goddess and I have completely different definitions of the word prosper. I would summarize my life as complete garbage at best, so you'd think at least once—just this once—that bitch in the sky would finally give me a fucking break, right? Wrong.

As we pulled into the parking lot of the store, my sperm donor and his self-sufficient, walking sex doll, Nicole, were quick to rush over to my side of the car. Why do I always pick the damn window seat? I bit my cheek in frustration as I stared into their furious eyes. I haven't even pleaded my case yet, and they're ready to crucify me, I huffed as I looked away from their burning glares through the window. Un-fucking-believable.

       My siblings took it upon themselves to scramble out of the car the second Chase turned off the engine. I'm sure it was the look of wrath our father sent my way that encouraged such haste. Dicks, I fought the urge to roll my eyes as my siblings took their places beside our parents while I took my precious time getting out of the car—obviously I wouldn't be in any rush to receive whatever punishment was headed my way. I couldn't help but wonder what they were going to do to me this time.

       Ground me for a month? Take away my phone? I snorted. Or maybe they'll leave the honor up to the Alpha, I gulped at the thought. Considering he's the rival Alpha, I'm sure he'll find something fit to piss off my father—and knowing my luck—this whole night's going to turn into a shit fest. I could feel it in my supernatural bones.

       "So...what's the occasion?" I quizzed lightheartedly as my gaze flittered between the three adults standing before me.

       "Oh, cut the bullshit runt." My father's cum dumpster sneered.

       Tough crowd, I raised both eyebrows as I blinked bewilderedly at the spunk my father's pillow pet had. "Geez, who the hell spit in your lasagna last night?

   Oh yeah...that was me, I held back a snicker as the sweet memory resurfaced.

       "Aubrey," My father began with a growl, and I sighed with the roll of my eyes. "We're here because Alpha Jerry's security system was triggered by motion detected inside the store." Come again?

Motion sensors...damn it, why didn't I account for that? "The lingering scent left behind at the scene of the crime clearly belongs to an Alpha-ranked member of our pack, and I'm sure you all can narrow down the suspect." Our father spoke through gritted teeth as he pinned me an accusing glare.

       As the only Beta-ranked sibling, Danica was automatically disqualified as a suspect, but out of the rest of us Alpha kids there was only one bastard who had the gall to pull a stunt like this.

       I wasn't aware that the store even belonged to a werewolf, so I didn't take into consideration using scent blockers to cover up my scent. A werewolf's scent was the equivalent of leaving behind fingerprints or hair at the scene of a crime. You could learn a lot about a wolf by their scent: it was how pack members were able to recognize one another, how warriors could identify potential rogue threats, and how wolves could even determine each other's rankings.