Crazy People With Secrets

Dedicated to: ToKissLove for making the awesome cover ...............>>>>>>>>>>>

*****

Sure enough, the moment I woke up Daniel, the courage I had was gone. I felt mentally ashamed of myself because I didn’t just open my mouth and say something to him. I mean he was obviously the key to escaping Jack’s wrath. Yet, I couldn’t even open my dang mouth.

“Damn it,” Daniel breathed.

Looking at him, I saw he was clutching his phone, while his eyes were trained on the screen. “What is the matter?” I asked once we exited the terminal.

“My father said the business meeting was cancelled. Which means I have to go back to school,” Daniel looked at me with a saddened look. “You wouldn’t happen to be attending Flight 673, would you?”

“Yeah, why?” I questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

Handing me a ticket, Daniel smiled. “Give this to your friend, you two can both fly first class.”

Looking at Daniel with a corked eyebrow, I began to wonder if he was the one that got my seat switched to first class. “Daniel, did you-”

“Om to the g-g, you’re Daniel Weber!” Rosia shrieked as she walked over to me.

People around us looked in our direction. A few expressed shocked faces before pulling out their phones.

“Great, been spotted,” Daniel muttered under his breath. “Call you later!” Daniel yelled out to me before racing off with a trail of people chasing after him.

“How do you know him?!” Rosia asked as she looped her arm with mine.

“Ummm, we met at the party you dragged me too.”

“How do you attract these guys? First Sebastian, then-”

I stopped walking in tow with Rosia as I took in what she just said. “Sebastian? I have never met him. The only prince I know is Daniel ... wait,” my mind started to slowly fit everything together. “Rosia, is Steve ... is Steve ... Sebastian?”

Giving me the utmost guilty look she has ever mustered, Rosia gasped and placed her hand over her mouth before violently shaking her head.

“Rosia,” I said with sterness leaking from my voice. “You recognized him that night, didn’t you?! He asked you not to tell me, didn’t he?! Be honest with me!”

Removing her hand from her lips, Rosia sighed. “He is going to butcher me if I admit it. I promised I wouldn’t say a word! I told that damn boy I am not good with secrets! See, I accidently admitted it! Do you know how hard it has been to keep my mouth shut?! I mean you are dating a prince!’

“Woah, woah, hold your silver dollar horse there. I’m not dating Steve --- Sebastian ... Damn it, why me?!”

“Yes, please, why you?” Rosia stated with humor in her voice but then again I could tell she was slightly envious.

I knew for as long as I’ve been roommates with Rosia that she was so in love with the idea of being involved with one of the princes. It wasn’t the money that intrigued her, because she was in no way a gold-digger, but she was infatuated with the power that surrounded them. I on the flip side wanted nothing to do with it and if given the opportunity, would switch places with her. Yet, that would mean she would have to deal with Jack and no one deserved him in their life.

“So, how long do we have to wait for Flight 673?” Rosia asked as she continued to walk with me by her side in the direction of the signs that were leading us to our flight gate.

“An hour,” I responded as we tread along.

“Sounds like a lifetime ... wanna grab a bite to eat, my treat?”

“Sure,” I mumbled and pushed back the thoughts I was having that all swarmed around my life and what was my next step.

Rosia and I ended up ending at some fast food restaurant that they had in the food court of the airport. Time went by very fast for me and it didn’t feel long before I was walking out of Flight 673 and being bear hugged by my aunt. “Oh! I’ve missed you!” Aunt Edie cooed as she started to sway back and forth while continuing to hug me.

Grunting, I tried not pay heed to the passer-byers that were looking at my aunt and me oddly. “I can’t breathe,” I exaggerated as she showed no sign that she was going to let go of me.

Releasing me, my aunt Edie rolled her eyes. “I bet Rosia won’t care how long I hug her. Will you?” Edie asked as she walked over and gave Rosia a hug.

Rosia was the one that actually started to sway, “no! Not at all. We can hug all the way to the car if ya want!”

I giggled thinking Rosia was joking around but Aunt Edie shrugged her shoulders. “Why not?” With that the two of them walked out of the airport hugging each other.

All while I lingered behind, acting like I didn’t know the two. Upon reaching the car, my aunt and Rosia released one another as they laughed like two dying hyenas.

“Did you see that man’s face?!” Aunt Edie asked as we climbed in her white Honda CR-V.

“The one with the mustache and hat?” Rosia asked as she buckled up.

“Yeah! It was priceless!” Edie remarked as she started the car. Looking back at me in the rear mirror, Aunt Edie gave me a small frown. “What is wrong?”

“Nothing,” I replied as I fastened my seatbelt.

“Well, obviously there is something wrong. You look pouty.”

“She found out the guy she likes lied to her about who he was,” Rosa stated as she adjusted the heat and radio station.

Edie gave me a skeptical look before looking at Rosia. “Really? Ms. Nerd has fallen in love?” She asked as the car eased onto a road.

“I’m not in love,” I gritted.

“Yes, she has,” Rosia said, clearly ignoring me. “And get this, he is a prince.”

I looked at Aunt Edie, who was now intently watching the roadway before her. I tried to read how she felt about all this and for once in my life I could read Aunt Edie’s expression.

Biting my bottom lip, I wondered why she was now unusually silent.