Steve's (Sebastian's) P.O.V - Bombshell

Sebastian’s P.O.V

I knew it was Skyla who wrote the ‘V’ in blood. I’ve no idea what made me think this but it was just a gut feeling. Staring at the computer screen I saw exactly what I was looking for. With a few clicks I printed the web page I was looking at and waited impatiently for it to print out. The second it did, I grabbed the sheet and raced out of the room.

Upon walking into the living room, I saw that Dean was just getting off the phone. “Hey, I called Frederick, he is sending over his crew to get this all cleaned up. He promised none of our father’s would get word of this and by tomorrow Gage will be laid to rest somewhere respectable.”

“Okay, good,” I stated in a rushed tone as dug in my leather jacket pocket and got out my keys.

“Where are we going?” Dean questioned as I started to race out of the condo.

“We are not going anywhere. You are going back to the living room and waiting for Frederick,” I told him as I decided the stairs would be quicker. Pressing a button on the wall, a secret door opened that revealed a case of stairs. I started to make my way down them as fast as could, even skipping a few. The sounds of footsteps behind me threw off for a second before I realized that Dean was trailing behind me.

When I got to my own personal parking garage, I looked over my shoulders. “Dean, go back up there, please.”

“No man, I’m coming with you.”

Twisting around, I looked Dean square in the eye. “Only on one condition...”

“Name it.”

“You tell me why the hell you are so interested in helping me save Skyla. I really don’t believe the shit you tried to feed me in the car a few hours ago.”

Dean nodded, “alright ... let’s go.”

Both of us raced to my car and got in like two men in a hurry -- who was I kidding, we were in a hurry.

Turning on the car, I handed Dean the web page I printed off. “We are going to Club V. It is a new club that is due to open in a few weeks. Look on the second page at who the owner is.”

Flipping the pages, Dean gave a single chuckle. “Peter Linen. Let me guess, Jack Linen’s father?”

“Yep. I think Skyla overheard where they were taking her and wrote it on the floor. Have to say she was clever because I had no idea why she kept telling me to find Daniel. She really didn’t want me to find him. She wanted me to find the message...”

“She is a smart monkey...,” Dean muttered.

Glancing over him for a second, I spoke, “explanation time.” With that said I looked back at the road.

Dean rolled the printed pages in his hand and sighed. “I’m not really a prince...”

“What? I’ve been to your castle. I’ve-”

“Let me explain ... I’m not blood royalty ... The two people I call mom and dad aren’t my real parents ... a day or two before I was born my parents found out that they couldn’t have children. Mom was so upset and felt a sense of embarrassment that she couldn’t have children for my father that she ran away to some hole-in-the-wall town.

“Upon going there,” Dean continued, “she met a woman at a cafe. Mother said the woman was all alone and seemed to be hard in thought. She walked over to her and in doing so saw the woman was really, really pregnant. Of course, Mother in the state she was in broke down in front of the girl crying about how she couldn’t have a baby ... mom told me she could see it in the woman’s eyes that she was freaking her out.

“Collecting herself my mother informed me that she told the stranger that she was sorry for crying and making a fool of herself. The pregnant lady said it was okay and that she would be crying too if they weren’t in public. My mom, being the nosy person she is, asked the woman why she had a reason to cry-”

“What was it and what does this have to do with Skyla?” I impatiently quizzed.

“Just listen ... the pregnant woman told my mom that she was pregnant with twins and that if the father found out he was going to throw a fit. The pregnant woman said that the father of her children didn’t even like the idea of one child and earlier the day she found out she was going to have two. The woman that was pregnant said she was actually afraid of what her husband, the man of her children, was going to do. Rant on and on about how he was a drunk and might hurt her ... or at least she was scared he would.

“So,” Dean added, “my mother formulated a plan to take care of the woman in a nearby hotel and when the babies were born she would take them to my father and convince him to keep them. The pregnant woman agreed to go along with my mom’s plan and figure her husband would be happy with that...  

“I’m not sure what happened,” Dean admitted, “but all I know is that the man – the father -- found out what was going on. The very moment the woman popped out the last twin, he came storming in the room. He saw that there were two children and caused a scene. He almost hit my mother but my father, who had been tracking down my mom, came in at the right moment and stopped the scene unfolding before him. My mother escaped the room, but not alone ... she had one of the twins in her grasp ... me...”

Glancing at Dean, I started to slowly fit everything together. “Skyla ... Skyla is...”

Dean nodded and looked at me the moment I focused back on the road. “Skyla is my twin, Sebastian. I’ve known for three years. Just a year or so ago I found her. I made sure to get her into Harvey Academy the moment I realized that she was in a bad situation with our biological parents ... figured our school with its top rated security would protect her. Didn’t think she needed this much protection ... but still...”

“I’m confused...,” I honestly spoke as I rounded a hard corner.

“About?”

“I seriously thought you hated the girl ... it was just that ... I dunno...”

“I was honest when I said I don’t hate her and I was really being honest when I said she is not the girl for you. Not because she is changing you like I said and not because of her past or whatever you might have thought was the reason I was against it. It was because this is not a life I want for her. I don’t want her tangled up in our lives, which is the exact reason I didn’t reach out and tell her I was her brother.”

“She deserves better than me, yes, but I love her-”

“I don’t want to hear it, Sebastian. Love doesn’t make it right to toss a girl, who already has a sacred past, into a world with cameras shining on her every moment. She doesn’t need people clinging around her hoping to feed, like fleas, off her royal brother and boyfriend. What she needs is a high school education, college degree, stable job and a guy that can provide for her. We are not what she needs-”

“Who are we to say what she needs?” I questioned as I pulled into Club V parking lot. Parking the car, I looked at Dean.

“You aren’t anyone to decide that, but I am because I’m her brother. I seem to obviously be the only one walking around with his head on straight. Now, come on, let’s go kill this son of a bitch.”

With anger coursing through me I got out of the car. Not bothering to lock the car, I started sprint towards the club while think about how much I really hated Dean right now ... yet in the back of my mind, I knew he was right ... Skyla didn’t deserve the life I lived and maybe, just maybe I should go separate ways with her...

 <><><><><><><>

A/N:

Thanks for reading! 

SMILE!