Steve's (Sebastian's) P.O.V - Dean-Style

Steve’s (Sebastian’s P.O.V)

“What do you mean she is not here?” I spoke as I placed the white paper sack of food on the dining room table. With a hard stare, I glanced at Rosia as I awaited her reply.

“I mean exactly how it sounds, Sebastian. She left early this morning while we were asleep. Left us a note that said she was going to the library followed by first class.” Rosia replied before crossing her arms over her chest. She gave me a look that made me ease up and realize this was not her fault. Skyla left on her own accord.

Running my hand through my hair, I began to wonder if I should go on a manhunt for Skyla. My eyes flickered over to Daniel to see he was in the kitchen, next to me, talking to Piper while making himself a cup of coffee. Staring at him for a second longer, I knew he would be on my side if I asked him to join me on a search and seizure of Skyla. Yet, as I glazed over my shoulder at Dean, who was leaning against the door and acting like he wasn’t listening, I knew he wouldn’t help me. No, as a matter of fact I knew I wouldn’t be able to take one step out of the dorm room before he would block me and say for me to let her go.

Sighing, I wondered how long it was going to take Dean to allow me to be with his ‘sister’. Thinking over that for a second I knew it would be a million and one years -- meaning ... never.

“Okay, well, here is some breakfast for y’all ... I guess I will just head to class.” I spoke as I began to contemplate on if I had enough time to drop by Skyla’s class and see if she made it there on time. Looking at my wristwatch, I knew if I made it out of here in the next few minutes I could in fact check in on her.

Turning around, I said my goodbyes to everyone, even Dean, and then made my way out.

I shagged in relief as I made my way down the hall without being stopped by Dean. Once the elevator dinged and the door opened, I got in. Smiling in satisfaction, I awaited for the doors to close.

However, they didn’t get the chance to close because my worst nightmare -- Dean -- got on the elevator, just in time.

Looking at me with a smug smile, he shoved his hands into his black denim front pockets. “I’m not dumb, Sebastian, I know what you are going to do.” Dean spoke as the doors finally closed and the elevator slowly made its way down to the lobby. His intense blue eyes looked at me with a heavy glaze.

For the first time since I’ve found out he was Skyla’s twin, I got a really good look at him. He had her blue eyes, or shall I say their mother’s blue eyes. I tried to rethink the color of their father’s and when I did, I remembered he had very dark blue eyes. Studying Dean over once more, I noticed he had dark hair, unlike Skyla who had blonde hair. He must have gotten it from his father. Now that I thought about it, he really did favor his dad in the looks department with the same nose and mouth.

It was then that I wondered how I couldn’t see it before, when it came to how much Dean looked like Skyla and her parents. But then again, when I did meet her parents I was in a fit of anger and wasn’t really analyzing the way they looked.

However, Skyla seemed oblivious and she is the one that should have been paying attention to every little thing going on around her. Yet, this is Skyla we are talking about, she very naive and really doesn’t seem to pay attention to her surroundings.

The elevator dinged once more, indicating that it had reached the lobby. Getting out of the elevator, I trudged my way out of the dorm lobby and outside. It didn’t take a genius to know that Dean was hot on my tail and was going to stay that way until we got to first class, which as luck would have it, we shared (note of sarcasm).