Gage

I’d no idea where the guy was taking me, for he put me in the back of a black SUV that drove down roads I was not familiar with. I knew then and there that it was Jack, he was the only one I could think of that was stupid enough to do this...

Fiddling with the tan seatbelt, I nibbled on my bottom lip. Jack had me ... there was no escaping it now. Rolling that thought over once more, I thought that maybe it was for the best. If I kept trying to hide from him, gosh knows what he would do to the people I care about. I knew without a doubt he was ruthless enough to do anything for me. He even tried persuading my own parents to give me up ... I guess he didn't really persuade them ... they were more willing than anything.

My mind started to wonder what my parents were doing at this very moment. I’d hoped that they were still sober and actually living a good life without drugs and alcohol. You’d think I wanted them dead after all they’ve put me through, but honestly, I just want the best for them ... even my father.

The car eased to a stop and I saw that we were in front of a large grey condo building. My eyes glanced away from the beautiful building and at the clock on the dash of the car. I saw that we were only in the car for thirty minutes.

“I’m going to get out of this car and unlock your door. We are going to get out and I will lead you to where we are supposed to go. I’m I going to have any trouble from you?” The man asked as he sat still in the driver’s seat.

I shook my head, but choose not to verbally reply to him.

“I will take that as ‘you will be very obedient’.” With that said, he got out of the car and closed his door. Opening mine, he waited for me to unbuckle and get out.

The second my feet touched the concrete ground, I looked around and saw we were in a parking lot. My blue eyes flickered over to the lawn of the place we were at. I saw a sign that said “Kerton Hill Condos”. I didn’t have to be the brightest crayon in the box to know that Kerton Hill Condos were one of the most expensive places to live in town.

I felt a hand on my back and I looked to see that the guy was ushering me inside. Following his lead, I walked inside the warm building. I tried not to admire the modern decoration of the lobby as we walked around the fountain placed in the center of the large foyer.

It wasn't long before I was getting off an elevator at the top floor. Once I walked out the elevator, I was faced with a small hall that had a white door at the end. The man didn’t even have to usher or tell me to go to the door, because I already knew that was where he was going to take me next. Walking up to the door, I looked behind me at the man who was slowly making his way towards me. He reached the door and gave a light knock.

“Finally! Pizza is here guys!” An unfamiliar voice said. Suddenly the door opened and a man with dark hair and electric blue eyes looked blankly at the two of us. “Who is this, Gage?” The guy at the door asked as he pointed to me and then looked at the guy in the tux next to me.

“Skyla Ruth. Mr-”

“Gage. What are you doing here?” Another voice sounded from behind the door. Suddenly, I saw Daniel’s head pop out from around the door. “Skyla?!” He yelled before pushing away the dark hair guy and giving me a tight hug. “What are you doing here?”

“Uhhh ... I was kidnapped here,” I sheepishly admitted.

Daniel released me and arched an eyebrow. “Kidnapped?”

I pointed to the man next to me that I now knew to be named Gage. “Yep, he forced me here ... mind explaining why?”

With a look of utter confusion, Daniel glanced at Gage. “What is going on? Why did you bring her here?”

“I was informed that if a threat posed itself on her, to bring her here. Mr. Crow’s orders.”

Daniel looked at me and gave a fake smile, “excuse me while I go grill my best friend on what the hell is going on.” Daniel turned around and pushed back through the doorway.

I stood there awkwardly in the hall as I wondered what in the world was going on. It was an understatement, however, to say that I was happy Jack was not behind this. It filled my heart with joy to know that I was not in Jack’s grasp ... yet.

“How about you two come in?” The guy at the door asked as he ran a hand through his black hair.

“She is to go to Mr. Crow’s room. His orders,” Gage stated.

With a sigh the man opened the door and motioned for us to enter.

Hesitantly, I walked through the threshold. It made me feel better that Daniel was here, but I was still skeptical about the one who kidnapped me and the guy that answered the door. Looking around, I saw that I was in a kitchen that I had to say looked very modern and high-tech. I wanted to study the room some more because the features of it interested me in an odd way, but loud voices were heard from a room or so over.

“Skyla, this way,” Gage informed me as he pointed to the door on my right. Following him, I slowly trailed behind him as he walked down a hall. I noticed that the shouting died down as Gage opened a door and told me to go inside.

I slowly did as he said and walked in. Looking around I noticed I was in a large forest green colored bedroom that was at least five times if not ten times the size of my dorm room. I noticed, upon walking in, that there was book shelf on the far right wall. Other than that, all that was in the room was a king size bed that was dressed with an egg shell white comforter and brown pillows. There was also a glass desk in the room with a silver Apple Desktop computer.

My eyes danced around the room for anything else, but the room was spotless. Nothing seemed as if it was out of place or had ever collected dust on it. I began to wonder whose room this was. Whoever lived in here really had some personal issues because there were no photos or ornate items in the room. It was as if the person that resided in this room had no life at all, lived under a shell so to say.

Suddenly, I heard a clicking noise from behind me. Turning around, I saw Sebastian standing in the doorway with a deep frown. “Skyla…”

“Sebastian ... What the hell is going on?”