Three Days of Torture

Skyla’s P.O.V

It has been three whole days and everyone: Rosia, Piper, Kelly, Sebastian, Daniel and even Dean, who I barely even know, have been waiting on me hand and foot. I refuse their help most of the time, but of course they seem to always be running around the dorm trying to do things for me, even when I haven’t asked them to do anything.

By the third day, I was ready to scream at the next person that asked me if I needed anything. It is an understatement to say that they were not all overwhelming.

I was over the moon that the boys didn’t stay the night in our dorm like they did the first night I got back from the hospital.

Oh, boy, let me tell you how that is never going to happen again. Rosia and Daniel bickered about everything! I mean they even argued about who was allowed to look around the room and who wasn’t!

As for Dean, he kept to himself the first night and I even noticed he was giving Sebastian a cold shoulder. His sour mood kind of put me in one too as everyone picked and pried at me for information on how I was feeling and if I need more ice in my cup that was already filled to the rim with ice cubes!

Sighing, I suppressed the thoughts of the past few days and focused on the room around me.

Everyone was asleep. Kelly was snoring away in the bed a few feet from mine. Piper, who was sleeping next to her, was whistling in her sleep like she always does.

Another memory piped its way in my mind at how Daniel kept hitting Piper with a pillow every five seconds during first night back because of the high pitched whistle she would give off every once and awhile.

Rosia, who was sleeping soundlessly next to me, was blissfully hogging all the covers.

I smiled and thought that today I had to go to my classes. There were no more excuses … I need to face the music.

Mentally, I moaned at all the homework I was going to have. I knew it was going to be enough to make my head spin.

Sighing, I knew it was just one of the things I would have to get over in order to return back to school.

Reaching over to my nightstand, I grabbed a pill bottle and took a pain pill because I knew damn straight that I wasn’t going to be able to walk around without one.

Sitting there for a few minutes I contemplated on how I was going to get over to the other side of the room and get my crutches. Usually one of the boys or girls helps me around, while refusing to let me use the crutches. So, in return I had no earthly idea what it was going to be like walking on my own over to the crutches.

I began to wonder if I should wake one of the girls, but that idea soon left my mind. Knowing each one of them, they would wake up the others and talk me out of going to class. If I put up an argument they would call Sebastian, who would storm in here with his two other friends. In the end, I would be stuck here with six boys and girls who didn’t know how to get along for the life of them.

Chuckling under my breath, for a second I started to reminisce how they use to talk on and on about how they wanted to get to know the ‘Kings of Harvey Academy’. Yet, now that they know them, they want – sometimes -- to just beat them over the head every minute of the day. Well, in Rosia’s chase she actually does beat Daniel over the head with her hand every chance she can get…

Pushing past the thought of how everyone gets along, I swung -- slowly -- my legs over to the edge of the bed. My injured leg hurt for a few long seconds before the pain died down.

I bite the bottom of my lip, to hold in my cries of pain as I gradually got out of the bed. Standing up, I put more weight on my good leg and started to make my way over to the crutches.