You're Funny

This was so cliché. I thought when we walked into the mansion.

There were red solo cups everywhere, on the floors, in people’s hands and littering the table tops. I had watched and read about these kinds of parties. Music banging, people grinding on one another, liquor, and drunken teens doing whatever they pleased.

“Isn’t this great?” Kelly asked me with a smile plastered on her face. She didn’t wait for me to reply she just walked over to the liquor table and grinned like a Cheshire cat.

Piper walked over to her with the same expression as they started pouring themselves drinks.

“This is so illegal, in so many ways,” I commented.

Rosia looked at me and gave a deep frown. “Lighten up, Skyla. The Kings are throwing this party. The authorities won’t dare try and mess with them.”

I rolled my eyes and then sighed. "Like that makes this any less illegal."

“Ladies, can I interest you in a drink?” A voice said from behind Rosia and me. We turned and were faced with a very handsome guy. He had shaggy brown hair and striking green eyes.

Rosia giggles and batted her eyelashes. “We would love a drink, Zhan.”

The guy smiled and gracefully walked over to the table that Kelly and Piper were at not even moments ago.

“Let me guess he is a King?” I quizzed bitterly.

Rosia chuckled and shook her head. “No, no, no, he isn’t,” I sighed in relief. “but he is the nephew of one.”

That made me want to face palm myself. I was about to tell Rosia something when Zhan returned with our drinks. I had no choice to take mine as he handed it to me. Rosia started chugging hers down once she got it, whereas I just stared at the dark brown liquid in my cup.

“Zhan, you make such a good drink. Don’t you agree Skyla?” Rosia asked me.

I just nodded, even if though I hadn’t had any.

“I am glad you like it, Rosia. You know some say my dancing skills are better.”

I wanted to choke in disgust at how Zhan was trying to flirt. I would never fallen for that, but Rosia smiled and told him he would have to prove it. Rosia informed me, before she was led to the dance floor by Zhan, that they would be right back and for me to go have fun.

Once they were out of sight I poured my drink in a nearby plant, for I wanted nothing to do with it.

“I saw that,” I heard a voice say from my side.

I turned to see a male with brown hair that went to his shoulders and grey almost brown looking eyes.

“Shhh, don’t tell the Kings!” I said in a sarcastic manner.

He picked up on that and laughed. “Don’t like them?” He asked.

I laughed and shook my head. “I hear you are not supposed to judge those you don’t know ... but from what I’ve heard since the year I have attended Harvey Academy ... I can’t help but to never want to meet them.” The guy raised his eyebrow at me. “What?!” I asked.

“You're telling me you have never seen these guys in the year you have been here?” I shook my head and he gasped in a fake dramatic way. “Well, where have you been?” He asked with a smirk.

“Places they aren’t, like the library.” I stated.

The man chuckled, “but you have to know that they are Princes in real life. Very busy guys.”

“Excuses are like butt holes, everyone has one.” I replied and he just laughed.

“You’re funny.", he told me. I just gave him an odd look, not knowing how to reply.

“There you are,” a red head said as she came over and wrapped her arms around the guy beside me. He moans as if he wished she didn’t interrupt us. “Your brother is looking for you,” she told him. Then started to nibble on his ear, right in front of me. What a slut, I thought. He lightly pushed her away and looked at me.

“I guess I will talk to you later...,” he paused.

“Skyla,” I told him. He gave me a toothy grin. The red head started nudging him to follow her. “Gotta go, see you later,” he said before walking off.

“Wait!” I called out before he got out of earshot. He stopped and turned to face me. “I didn’t catch your name,” I spoke.

“That’s because I didn’t say it.” with that he walked away.

<><><><><><><><><><>

Edited by: Penguin42698 (aka Victoria)