Spoiled Brat(s)

I corked an eyebrow at Daniel in confusion. “Why have you been so secretive about your name? I was worried that it would be a name that I couldn’t pronounce or some crazy name I’d laugh at ... But Daniel?!”

Daniel narrowed his eyes at me as a chuckle resonated from his throat. In a mumbling tone, Daniel spoke, “you’re so naive.”

I arched an eyebrow at him. "Why do you say that?”

Daniel glanced down at me with his greyish, brown eyes. “... Nothing ... So, Skyla, why are you going to your aunt’s house and not your parent’s?”

My fingers intertwined with one another as timidness spread through my veins. “I-I ... it’s a complicated situation...”

“I’ve got time.”

Looking up at Daniel, a sigh escaped my lips. “I live with my aunt,” I smoothly stated.

“You didn’t answer my question.”

“Yes, yes I did. You asked why I was going to my aunt’s house and not my parent’s. The answer is because I don’t live with my parents, but my aunt’s house.”

“Oh, clever monkey,”

A grin stretched on my face at his words. “My turn. Why didn’t you tell me your name?”

“Uhhh,” Daniel reached up to his face with his left hand and brushed the side of his face. “... I wanted to be secretive. I hear it’s a turn on for girls.”

My eyes rolled at his lie, “you’re lying.”

A smirk rose up on his lips. “How did you know?”

“You scratched the side of your face before speaking ... if we are playing the lying game, I will be sure to not be truthful on the next question.”

Daniel gazed at me and exhaled loudly. “I didn’t tell you my name at first, because first off, I wanted to be sure you really didn’t know anything about the Princes.”

A quizzical expression crossed my face. “Huh? Why would my ignorance of those spoiled brats matter?”

Daniel chuckled, “because, Skyla, I’m one of those spoiled brats.”

It didn’t even take a millisecond before all the color drained from my face...