Something Is Going On ... Part 2

"Nothing! Nothing is going on!" Rosia said, but her voice was high pitched, indicating she was lying. I also noticed her hands, which she was wringing together in a nervous manner.

Steve on the other hand was looking at me with a cheesy smile. Both of them had guilt written expressions on their faces. Something told me not to press them for answers just yet, so I didn't. 

"Okay," I said with an extension of the 'k'.

Rosia sighed and walked over to me. She reached down on the floor and picked up the brown bag that contained the ice cream.  "I will go get the ice cream in a bowl. S-S ... Steve? Are you staying for ice c-cream?" Rosia asked him with a shaky tone.

I was becoming confused as to why she was talking to him with a voice laced with anxiety. It wasn't like her. She was always confident, bold and never standoffish.

"No, I think I will go," he stated and then gazed at me. "Skyla, can I talk to you in the hall?" Steve asked me.

I gave him a nod and we walked out of the dorm as Rosia went to make us up some ice cream. 

Steve and I entered the hall empty hall and he studied me for a second before inhaling and exhaling loudly. "Please go on one more date with me," he pleaded.

My eye started to glance around the vacant hallway, avoiding his intense eyes. 

"Steve, I can't," I muttered. 

"Can't or won't?" He quizzed. I chuckled. 

"I can't, but I want to," I truthfully spoke. Steve kept his eyes on me and I tried not to look at him but I couldn't help it.

Once I looked at him, I saw he had a quizzical expression on his face. 

"Why? Skyla, please tell me!" His voice started to rise and I wasn't afraid but I didn't like to see him this upset. My mind screamed for me to tell him the truth, yet I didn't even murmur a word. 

Something in the corner of my eye caught my attention. I looked over and saw a male walking towards us. My heart skipped a beat when I saw who it was, Woods Landers... 

Woods was Jack’s best buddy in high school and I would have thought that I wouldn't have noticed him. After all I hadn’t seen him in almost two years ... But his silver eyes and jet black hair were so hard to forget. His wicked smile stretched on his fair skinned face when he saw I was looking at him. In seconds, he was by my side and looping his arm around the back of my neck. 

"Hi, I'm Woods, her boyfriend. Who the hell are you?" Woods asked Steve.

Steve's eye went wide and he kept looking from me to Woods and then back at me. "Boyfriend?" His tone was filled with shock but his expression was composed. "Well, it’s nice to meet you, I've heard so much about you," Steve lied.

Woods stood there for a second before sighing.  "Honey, I was wondering if you would like to join me and a group of friends to the movies," Wood suggested to me.

I knew Jack had sent him here, and Woods wasn't asking me to join him, it was more of a demand.  "Y-yeah, sure," I said in a low voice. 

"I guess I will catch you later, Skyla," Steve said without looking at me.

I nodded and with that Steve walked away. Once Steve was rounding the corner towards the exit of the dorm, I forced myself to look at Woods.

"Hey Skyla," he said in a calm voice. 

"H-hi," I mumbled. 

"I think you know why I did that," he told me as he moved his arm for around the back of my neck. "I won't tell Jack about this incident, but you need to stay away from that guy. I am not as nice as the others Jack has around here watching you."

I gave him a raised eyebrow.  "Why aren't you going to tell him? I mean I am not ungrateful, it is just ... Why?" I quizzed. 

"He is already going to do a lot to you. Why add to it?" His voice was straightforward and truthful. 

"Why thanks," I spoke with sarcasm. 

"Get back in your room and enjoy your time with Rosia," was all he said before turning and leaving me in the deserted hallway. I didn’t want to stand out here forever so I rushed back into the dorm room.

When I entered, I saw Rosia standing in front of the T.V.

“What are we watching?” I asked as grabbed my bowl of ice cream from the coffee table and sat down on the recliner. Rosia finished putting in the movie and went over to get her own bowl.

“I had a hard decision but I settled on 21 Jump Street,” she told me with a grin. I rolled my eyes for I knew she had wanted to see that movie ever since it came on DVD.

“Oh, before I forget, my aunt wants us to come to her house and visit. Up for it?” I asked her, hoping she would join.

“Yes! Of course! I love going there, she makes the best blueberry pies!” Rosia shrieked.

I giggled at her and soon the movie began. But in the back of my mind, I was debating if maybe when I visit my aunt I could come clean about Jack … Then maybe, just maybe we could work something out so I would be out of his grasp.

Or so I hoped.