Awkward...

Skyla’s P.O.V

Sitting down on my dorm room bed, I took in a deep breath of air. I was beyond happy to be back at Harvey Academy, safe -- for right now -- from Jack. Shagging my shoulders, I leaned down and took off the pair grey converses I was wearing. I was seconds from taking off one of my socks when I heard a door slam. Straightening up, I looked at Rosia who was standing by our front door. Her face mirrored pure aggravation. “What’s wrong?” I asked her.

“You! Why the hell have you been ignoring Steve-”

“Sebastian. Please call him by his real name. I don’t need you covering up for him anymore,” I spoke the last part in a low tone.

“Fine, Sebastian! His name is besides the point-”

“His name has everything to do with your point.” I exclaimed while I crawled to the middle of the bed and sat Indian style. Looking back at Rosia, I saw she was utterly confused. “He lied to me, Rosia. I can’t have someone in my life that lies to me about something important,” I tried to explain.

“I lied to you and acted like he was your ‘average Joe’ ... does that mean you are going to annex me from your life?”

“What? No, of course not. You’re -You’re different-”

“Different? How is what he lied about and what I lied about different?” She inquired with a raised eyebrow.

I huffed and felt as if steam was seconds from escaping out of my ears. “Rosia, you are my friend. I trust you and I get why you lied -- he asked you to. As for Sebastian, he lied for no reason. I have no idea who I even fell in love with! Honestly, I don’t even know if I can ever trust him-”

“Oh, shut up,” Rosia bitterly exclaimed as she cut me off and walked over in my direction. Standing in front of my bed, Rosia pointed her index finger at me. “You cannot go on and on about lying from the beginning. You, have lied to me. I never knew you grew up in that situation-”

“Rosia, you didn’t need to know-”

“I’m your friend … of course I should have known that! As far as Sebastian goes, you just admitted you loved him. Go after the guy, give him a hard slap and then have a heart to heart. You might just find that the guy that saved your ass is a really nice man, which you need.”

“I don’t need him! I didn’t need him to save me! And I most certainly don’t need your nose pocking in my life telling me what I’ve done wrong and what I should do!” Leaping off my bed, I grabbed my converse shoes and started to leave the room.

“Where are you going?!” Rosia half-yelled.

“Somewhere you’re not,” I spat before opening and firmly shutting the door behind me.

With a loud sigh, I trudged down the hall. I mindlessly started to walk around the campus thinking about my life. A couple of times, I admitted to myself that I was a complete and utter butt-head towards Rosia, and I had to apologize to her. Of course, however, my pride kept me from going back to the dorm. Time passed slowly and it wasn’t long before I found myself surrounded by a heavy ground coffee bean scent. Shaking out of my thoughts, I saw that I had walked to Harvey Coffee, the campus coffee shop.

Glancing around the small place that was dimly lit by multicolored Christmas lights, I saw that there were very few people here, which was a good thing for me. I wanted a quiet place for the moment and the library was on the other side of the campus and the idea of walking all the way in the cold air without a jacket made me turn up my nose.

Realizing that I had my wallet with me and I’d a few dollars that were all but yelling at me to get some coffee, I went over to the register. I stood there for a minute before a tall guy, around my age, with short locks of brown hair, came up to the counter. His chocolate eyes looked directly at me as he smiled, wildly. “My name is Griffin ... What can I get you?” He asked.