Rosia's P.O.V - He is F.I.N.E

Rosia’s P.O.V

“You don’t have to stay here,” Daniel told me as he looked at the light that was shining above his bed. I watched as he squinted his eyes but still keep looking forward at the light.

“I know, but I’m afraid if I leave here I will track down Sebastian. In return, I will probably put myself in harm’s way. I trust Sebastian to find Skyla. I know he loves her and will do anything for her.”

Daniel rolled his head over to look at me. “You got that right,” he joked with a smile playing on his lips.

“So, do you like peanut butter?” I randomly asked as we waited for the doctor to come in and tell us all of Daniel’s injuries.

Looking at me with an arched eyebrow, I knew he was wondering why I asked such a question. With the slightest parting of his pink lips, he inquired why I asked such a thing.

“When I realized who you were at the condo and was hysterically ranting,” I started to explain. “You said something along the lines of ‘for the love of peanut butter, will you shut up?’... So, do you like peanut butter?” Biting my bottom lip, I found myself leaning forward a little in the blue plastic chair. Every fiber of my being wanted to know every single detail about Daniel Weber. I mean, who is going to pass up a chase to get to know prince while stuck in an eight by ten room with what was feeling like all the time in the world on our hands?

“Hate it,” he bitterly stated.

I leaned back in my chair, a little thrown off as to why he all the sudden seemed angry. Thinking about it for a minute, I wondered if I had done anything to him to make him upset with me. Nothing came to my mind, so I decided to shrug off his anger.

Staring at Daniel for a full minute, I began to reconsider who was the hottest prince. All the time I’ve attended Harvey Academy, I’ve practically drooled over Sebastian Crow. Yet, it seems ever since I’ve realized that he is deeply in love with my best friend and she is in love with him, I just don’t see him the same.

But, Daniel, now he was a whole new book for me. I thought he was the least cute out of the group because I seemed to always catch him with his nose in a book or just shy / off looking. Yet, now ... now was a different story. He was downright F.I.N.E with arms chiseled in muscles that were in full show with the black short sleeve shirt he was wearing. His face was like nothing I’ve ever laid eyes on, sharp jaw line -- but it wasn’t too sharp, it was perfect.

Analyzing him a second longer, I started to wonder if he has a little Italian in him. He skin colored just reminded me of an Italian man straight from Italy.

“Are you going to look at me all day?” His husky voice spoke as it drew me out of my thoughts.

Blinking a few times, I realized how much I was studying him. Putting on a wide smile, I shook my head. “Not all day,” I stated out loud without thinking. A blush found my cheeks when I did realize I said that out loud. In hopes of moving past my embarrassing spill of words, I picked my purse off the floor. Digging through it, I pulled out a King Size Reese's Peanut Butter cup pack.

“What is that?” Daniel asked with wide, lustful eyes as he gazed at the package I was slowly opening.

Hiding back my smile, I shrugged my shoulders. “Oh, just some candy. It has lots of peanut butter in it, you would hate it.” I proclaimed as I fully opened the orange wrapper. Taking a single cup out from the package, I slowly drew it to my mouth. The second my lips touch the chocolate peanut butter cup, I moaned in bliss. “So good,” I muttered.

Daniel sat up in the hospital bed the nurse told him to lay in when we first got in here. Licking his lips, he didn’t look at me but at the candy package in my hand. “You know, I’m a prince...” he mumbled.

Swallowing the food in my mouth and placing the half eaten Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup back on the white little tray it was in when I opened the wrapper, I gasped. “Om to the g-g, I didn’t realize it!” I sarcastically said.

Daniel narrowed his gray eyes at me, “ha-ha, funny. But ... as a prince, you know I’m suppose to get things without question ... so, give me one of those cups,” he demanded more than asked.

I looked at him with a corked eyebrow. “Now, now, Daniel Weber, that is no way to ask for something. Plus, you hate peanut butter ... right?”

Sighing, Daniel started to look like he was getting frustrated with me. “A prince, like me, doesn’t have to ask nicely. As for why I want the cup when I don’t like peanut butter ... that falls under the ‘I’m a prince and I get what I want without question’ clause.”

Giving a half smile, I felt happiness course through me. “Daniel, you know here is the thing, I’m very aware that you are a prince but look around you. No one is around to scorn me for not waiting for you hand and foot, so, I’m going to sit here and eat my candy. If a light bulb goes off in your head and you suddenly decide to ask me nicely ... I might share my candy with you.”

Narrowing his eyes at me, Daniel gave a huff. “You think you are clever, don’t you?”

I raised an eyebrow at him as I ate some more of my sweets.

“I know what you are doing,” he responded.

Gulping down the remaining food in my mouth, I smiled. “Really, what am I doing?”

“You are acting like you are not in some fan club for the princes, when in fact, I know your kind. You are infatuated with us ‘princes’. Wouldn’t be surprised if you have a cardboard cut-out of each of us in your room ... point is, I’ve read books about girls like you. Act all tough and unafraid of the guy you like, but in fact you are just putting on this front to spike his interest-”

“Is it working?” I quizzed as I cut off his rant.

Daniel stayed silent for a minute longer than I was comfortable with before shaking his head. “No.”

Not satisfied with his answer, I grabbed another chocolate cup from my lap and sighed in a dramatic way. “Guess I’ll just have to try harder.”