Aftermath

Skyla's P.O.V

“Will someone please turn off that beeping noise,” I muttered as I slowly opened my eyes. Looking around with cracked eyelids, I heard the shuffling of feet and panted breaths.

“Doctor! She is awake!”A male voice yelled at the top of his lungs.

Rolling my head over, I came face to face with Sebastian. “If you shout one more time, I will hurt you.” I mumbled as my head started to feel more and more like a batting cage. Grunting, I felt myself slipping back to sleep.

“Stay awake, Skyla. Let the doctor come in and check you out,” Sebastian whispered in my ear.

“Sleepy,” I spoke in just above a murmur.

I felt my hair being moved from my forehead before a low sigh permeated the air around me. “I know, Skyla, but you gotta stay awake. For me, please,” Sebastian begged as his warm breath fanned the left side of my face.

Looking back over at him, I saw he was sitting by my bedside and was leaning over by my face. I rolled my eyes and tried to stay awake. “How long have I been out for?”

“Five hours. They stitched your leg up. It is expected to heal in a matter of a few weeks -- give or take.”

“What about -- Jack?” I asked as my throat started to become dry.

Sebastian looked at me before touching my right cheek with his left hand. I held back a shiver of delight from his touch as he caressed it for a minute before smiling at me like I was the next best thing to chocolate. “What Jack?”

At first I was going to question if he bumped his head, but then I realized what he meant. Jack was ... Jack was dead.

A tear of happiness came rolling out of my left eye. “Are you sure?!” I all but shrieked.

Sebastian nodded and stop touching my cheek. “Yeah, it is official, he will bug you no more...”

“Thank you, Sebastian,” I stated right before the door opened.

Soon in walked a middle aged woman, with a clipboard and white long jacket. “Hello, Ms. Ruth. I’m Dr. Riverdale, your doctor for you brief stay here.”

I gave her a smile and a small wave of my right hand.

“I will go outside and tell the others that are waiting that you are awake.” Sebastian exclaimed as he got up. Kissing my forehead, he promised he’d be right back.

The second he left, Dr. Riverdale sat her clipboard on a nearby table and grinned at me. “You have a lot of people out there worried about you,” she admitted as she took her telescope from around her neck.

Placing one end of the telescope in her ears and the other on my chest she asked me to breath.

I did as instructed and when she was done I looked at her. I saw that she was a very beautiful woman with long brown hair and a round face that made her look very sweet and kind. Her brown eyes stared straight into mine as she shined a bright white light in my eyes and asked me to keep looking forward. “How many people are out there?” I asked her.

“Oh, a dozen or so. A few of them caused us a little trouble because they couldn’t get in to see you.” She stated as she turned off the light and put in her pocket. “The man that was in here moments ago calmed them down, however.” Smiling at me, the doctor looked at my vitals and gave me a single nod. “Well, you seem in perfect health, Ms. Ruth. No side effects of the drug you were given and it seems as if it has all worn off. Your vitals are perfect aside from the slightly elevated blood pressure but that is expected because you were stabbed in the leg.

“I want to keep you here, however,” she continued, “for a couple more hours. That is so I can call you in some pain medicine and let nurse, Rockle, come in and show you how to bandage your leg. You need to change the bandage every twelve hours for the next three days. Okay?”

I nodded my head. “Okay.”

Picking back up her clipboard she gave me a smile. “Any questions?”

“Is the pain medicine going to help with my headache?” I asked her.

“You’re having a headache?” She questioned as she furrowed her eyebrows.

“Yeah, a brain splitting one,” I remarked.

“I’ll also call you in something for that ... anything else?” Dr. Riverdale inquired.

I shook my head slightly, “nope.”

“Alrighty then, I will be back, after Rockle shows you everything, to go over last minute instructions with your medicines and to answer any lingering questions you come up between now and then.” With that Dr. Riverdale walked out of the room.

The second she left, I gave a sigh and couldn’t help but smile ... Jack was dead...

<><><><><><>

A/N:

Please vote and COMMENT ... or SMILE!