Love and Pranks

Skyla’s P.O.V

It felt like a life time that passed before I finally blinked and air flowed back in my lungs. Sebastian look unfazed by my moment of hesitation and all too soon my legs started to twitch. I knew right then and there what they were preparing for: to run. Like a bat racing out of Hell, I took off with nothing my cool air under my feet.

Sebastian’s voice was strain in the background, but my ears muffled him out as I focused on the wind whipping air that my body collided with as I ran as fast as I could. Dashing up the front steps of my dorm, I opened the door and took off in the direction of the elevators.

Reach the elevators, I started to press the up button over and over again in hopes that it would make the elevator reach me faster.

With panted breath and fire felt lungs, I realized that Sebastian would get here before the elevator. Deciding not to waste anymore time, I twisted around and went towards the stairs. Marching up the steps as if my life depended on it, I tried to outrun Sebastian to whom I had a feeling was hot on my tail.

“Skyla!” A voice boomed as I touched the staircase door that lead to my dorm hall.

I stopped because the voice sounded far off and it caught me off guard. I expected his voice to be a lot closer. Walking over to the railing I looked down the crack to see he was at the bottom looking up.

The second his eyes connected with mine, he sighed. “Skyla, please stop running. I ...-”

I knew what he was about to say, and I didn’t want to hear it. Spinning around I opened the door my hand was on moments ago and slowly made my way to my dorm door that was mere feet away. Unlocking the door, I walked in and closed it. With a large inhale, I waited to hear the sounds of Sebastian banging at the door -- but they never came.

Looking over at the two beds that laid against the walls on opposite side of the room, I saw that my bed was disheveled, just the way I left it. As for Rosia’s bed, it had rolling hills of blankets that laid out a resting figure.

Locking the door behind me, I slowly walked over to her bed. Kneeling down beside her, I placed my hand on her shoulder. Giving a light shake, I attempted to lure her out of her sleep. “Rosia,” I whispered.

Rolling over, Rosia muttered softly, “mmmm.”

“Rosia, I’m sorry,” I mumbled as I released her arm.

Sitting up in the bed, Rosia reached over and turned on the lamp by her bed. Rubbing her eyes, she looked down at me. “Skyla? ... What time is it?” She asked as she looked over at her alarm clock. “Eleven at night ... Where have you been?”

Standing up, I took a seat beside her. “I was at the cafe ... but that is not what I want to talk about ... I want to tell you, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have yelled and ran out of here like I did. I was being over dramatic and highly-” I was cut off from my rant by Rosia engulfing me in a bone crushing hug.

“Oh, all is forgiven! I just am glad we are not fighting anymore!” Rosia shrieked as she started to rock side to side. “You are the best sister I never had!”

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. Wiggling out of her hold, I looked at Rosia. “Expecting someone?” I asked her.

Looking at me she rolled her eyes. “Yes, I am expecting someone, hence why I was asleep.”

Deciding to ignore her sarcasm, I walked over to the door. I heard commotion on the other side of the door. Raising an eyebrow, I unlocked the door knob and opened the door. 

Standing in front of me was Kelly and Piper with pissed off expressions. Behind them where girls racing in every which direction of the hall and knocking on what seemed random dorms.

“Hey,” I spoke with curiosity of what was going on.

Kelly sighed and her facial expression softened. “Hello, listen, we are fully aware that it is late but some idiot guys from the Franklin Dorm Hall decided to play a prank on us girls. They busted out the pipes on the first, second and third floor. This floor is the only one not affected because the security officers caught them before they got up here. So ... can we crash here until they fix the overflowing pipes that are leaking in our rooms?”

“Ummm,” I looked over my shoulder to see if it was okay with Rosia. She nodded indicating that she heard what Kelly said. “Yeah, of course,” I spoke as I opened the door some more for them to come in.

Kelly and Piper both leaned down and reached out beside the door. They both picked up a black garbage bags that I was guessing was holding some of their cloths and personal items.

"Thanks," Piper stated as she walked in after Kelly.

I gave a nod and was about to close the door when a girl about my age walked up to the door. She gave me a smile and clutched a wooden clip board closer to her chest. "My name is Fallon Wayford and I am the Senior Emergency Adviser. I am going around telling everyone that they are suppose to share a room with the maximum amount of two girls. If we have left over girls we will be assigning them to rooms accordingly. Any questions?"

I shook my head, "n-no."

Giving me a nod of her blond head she smiled wider, "great! We have two girls that are looking for rooms-"

I was listening to her, but Rosia came up behind me and moved in front of me. "We have our two friends from the third floor staying with us. Thanks, but no thanks," Rosia stated in a bitter tone before slamming the door in Fallon's face.

I gasped at her rash action. "Why'd you do that?" I questioned.

"She's a bitch. If you'd be more social, my dear Skyla, you would know everyone practically hates her."

Sighing, I decided not to press the issue as to what she'd done to be crowned a bitch.

"Got any good movies?" Piper asked as she started to rummage through Rosia movie collection under the television.

"Any food?" Kelly inquired as she walked over to the blue mini refrigerator.

Looking over at Rosia, I chuckled. "They are your friends."

"They’re yours too, Silly." Rosia stated as she ruffled up my hair. Walking away she told Kelly what was in the refrigerator and helped Piper find a movie.