Chapter 3 - [Heavenly Spirit Beast]'s Special Ability

TLN: Hey guys, here's some update and stuff.

I'm changing Yue Yang's Inherent Skill to [Counterfeit] instead of [Camouflage]. I have very bad naming sense, sorry...Si Niang is not actually her real name. It technically means Fourth Godmother, but it sounds weird if I used that every time Si Niang is mentioned...There are three types of Spirit Beasts. The normal Spirit Beast, [Guardian Spirit Beast], and [Heavenly Spirit Beasts].

Hearing Yue Yang's question, the beautiful woman was startled.

From her point of view, below San-Er's portrait, the summoning grimoire only showed a blank space.

There were not even a single picture or words. But San-er did not look like he was lying, could it be that his Inherent Skill was actually active? An Inherent Skill that she couldn't see?

"San-er, don't lie to Si Niang. Do you really, really have an Inherent Skill? Si Niang can't see it, what kind of Inherent Skill is it?" The beautiful woman felt like her heart was at her throat and her eyes almost popping out as she nervously held Yue Yang's hands.

"Uh...It's [Camouflage], my Inherent Skill is [Camouflage]!" Yue Yang rubbed the back of his head as he told a lie. He realised that he was really as cunning as a fox.

"It's good if you really have an Inherent Skill. Oh my, I was so scared!" The beautiful woman was relieved.

Her pale hands patted her chest as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Every grimoire user would have awakened their own Inherent Skill. If San-er didn't have it, then he would definitely be looked down upon and be labeled as a good for nothing. No matter what Inherent Skill it was, it was fine as long as you had one.

San-er's unseen [Camouflage] Inherent Skill could even be an extremely good Inherent Skill!

The beautiful woman happily reached out her hands and patted Yue Yang's head, "San-er, Si Niang is really happy for you. With this [Camouflage] Inherent Skill, you would definitely be successful in the future!"

The small girl, watching her mother patting Yue Yang's head, also reached out her soft, white and small hands towards his head.

The moment she saw her causing trouble, the beautiful woman quickly put her down from her arms.

The beautiful woman calmed her heart and then signaled Yue Yang to turn the page of his summoning grimoire, "Turn over to the next page, San-er, look at your guardian spirit... Shuang-er, stay still, let your older brother turn the page. Be good, stand here beside me okay? Aih, is this mist? It's all white... Is your guardian spirit a mist-type beast? Not bad, although element-type beasts take a long time to grow, they are really strong. Although in the beginning it is not as strong as the strengthening-type and fighting-type beasts, at a later stage, they would become much stronger. As long as it is not the special-type beast then it's okay! Aih, San-er, your guardian spirit is really good!"

(TLN: so there's element-type, strengthening-type, fighting-type, and special-type beasts)

The beautiful woman happily clapped her hands, smiling excitedly.

Yue Yang was dumbfounded instead.

Because what he saw was definitely not a white fog, but a dark shadow of a figure.

A shadow that looked exactly like his shadow!

Below the shadow, there were a few lines of description. It was the description of his [Guardian Spirit Beast].

Phantom Shadow: Special-type, level 1. You can control your own shadow. Each shadow will have half of your strength. Shadows can be joined together to increase their size.