Chapter 38 - Beauty

Far in the distance, faint voices could be heard.

Yue Yang was unable to lament any further. He commanded the Barbaric Cow to pick up the demon's dismembered arm and quickly slipped away into the darkness. The Barbaric Cow carried the dismembered demon's arm that was still frozen in ice and followed after him with thudding footsteps. The moment he slipped away into the darkness, Yue Yang looked back again at the bright-eyed thief who was still peacefully lying unconscious on the ground.

A white figure streaked across the night faster than lightning, appearing on the battlefield.

It was a beautiful lady in imperial robes. The lady's snow-white face was lightly covered with a white muslin. The muslin had concealed the lady's features, but it couldn't hide her delicate, snow-white skin.

Those especially clear and luminous eyes were bright, brimming with intelligence. The long, curved eyelashes fluttered in a quick-witted manner would probably attract many people.

Seeing the bright-eyed thief lying motionless on the ground, she immediately cried out in shock, "How could something like this happen when I was gone for only a short while... Fortunately, she only overtaxed her mind... It is not a major problem!" The voices approaching from the darkness drew closer and countless footsteps could be heard. The beautiful lady clad in palace clothing furrowed her elegant, black eyebrows and frowned. She extended her lily-white arms and waved her slim, snow-white fingers to summon a Gold Grimoire.

With a flash of golden light, an elf with butterfly wings flew outwards, fluttering into the beautiful person's fragrant body.

In an instant, a pair of enormous butterfly wings materialized on her back.

The beautiful lady gently lifted the unconscious bright eyed thief. With a flap of her wings, she danced into the air, looking like an immortal that had descended from the highest of the heavens as she flew away. After she had flown off into the distance, Yue Yang, who had been quietly hiding himself in the darkness with bated breath, gradually appeared. Hearing some messy footsteps approach, he turned around and chose to stride in the direction opposite the one that the beautiful person had gone towards. He left quickly, as agile as a fox, and blended into the darkness once more.

As soon as Yue Yang left, a middle-aged man that had a lion-like presence rushed to the battlefield with a burst of wind.

Seeing that the Merry Forest Pavilion had collapsed, burning merrily within the raging flames, he was so angered that he began to cry out loudly.

The battlefield was an utter mess.

A terrifying, deep gouge had left its mark on the ground, almost cleaving that 100m expanse of land in half. There were small, yet to be extinguished fires dotting the area and some Infernos still ablaze. Some corpses had already been burned into charcoal, while some still had remnants of skulls and ruined limbs. There were no signs of life at all; even the strongest guard, the Guard Leader, had taken his last breath.

The outrage in the powerful man's eyes was evident. He couldn't help but roar upwards at the heavens, "This makes me furious, too furious!"

A few warriors rushed over afterwards. When they saw the scene before them, they were so scared that they felt their legs go weak.

"What are you guys waiting for? Go search for any survivors! Look for any useful clues as well; I want to know exactly who did this immediately!" The man pulled out a thick, golden blade from his back, and began to wildly whack it around in anger, completely destroying the ground.