Chapter 12 - Quintet Seeking Golden Mice

"Bing-er, what nonsense are you talking about? What do you mean by 'they are afraid that we will be stronger than them'? We are one family, so we must be united and live in harmony." The beautiful woman glared at her daughter.

However, she was also afraid that Yue Yang wouldn't know what was important and contracted the Quintet Puppet Mice in a moment of rashness.

Moving closer, she placed her snow white hands on Yue Yang's shoulders, "San-er, let's leave the Quintet Puppet Mice alone first. Let's research them carefully, we can still contract them when we understand their abilities. Uncle Zhong, please return to the Lord of Yue and deliver him the Fourth Branch's daughter-in-law and San-er's gratitude for this reward. If San-er became famous in the future, he will definitely return this act of kindness. He will not let the efforts that the Lord had poured into raising him be wasted."

Listening to the beautiful woman's words, the servant, known as Uncle Zhong, nodded his head and assured her that he would do as she said. Then, he bowed to her respectfully as he took out a signatured piece of banknote decorated with silver lines.

This money was the Yue Clan's reward from the elders for every family member who had successfully contracted a grimoire.

With this piece of signatured banknote, Yue Yang could go to any bank in the big cities to withdraw one hundred gold.

A hundred gold, that was not a small amount of money.

Since he was offered money, Yue Yang would naturally accept it without feeling bad. However, Yue Bing felt that it was not fair. She knew that the official amount of reward is a hundred gold, but in reality, when the members from the First and the Second Branch succeeded in contracting a grimoire, they would receive at least 150 gold, some would even receive 200 gold. Even she herself received 120 gold. Now that it was Third Brother's turn, why did he only receive the minimum amount of a hundred gold?

This, doesn't this show their disdain towards him?

"Seventh Sister, don't be angry. Receiving a hundred gold reward is already not that bad." Yue Yang thought that since he was not even the real pitiful guy in the first place, he should be grateful to receive the reward with his fake identity.

With regards to the Clan's people cold treatment towards such a kind-hearted and virtuous daughter-in-law, Yue Yang felt that he should go to the castle and teach these arrogant people a lesson one day, once he had attained all of his skills. He should avenge all of the grievances that this Fourth Branch daughter-in-law had received throughout the years, in order to pay back the boundless love she had showered upon him all this time.

Although he was not the pitiful guy in reality, he had deeply felt her love towards the pitiful guy.

Although he didn't say it out loud, Yue Yang was already planning to avenge the beautiful woman's grievances.

After the old servant, Uncle Zhong, left, Yue Bing warned Yue Yang again. She told him not to contract the Quintet Puppet Mice under any condition. Those monsters were just trash that would only waste the limited pages of the Copper Grimoire.

Yue Yang nodded on the outside, but he was actually thrilled inside.

The Quintet Puppet Mice, one of the Ghost Genius Yue Gong's invention, was probably the most amazing Puppet Monster that the genius had ever created. How could it be trash? Furthermore, the Quintet Puppet Mice could unite as one and would only take up one page of the Copper Grimoire. However, nobody understood the Quintet Puppet Mice hidden ability, so they could only separate these mice into five different bodies. Separating them into five different bodies was actually the most foolish thing to do for this monster.