Chapter 18 - Vengeance Hunters

"That depends on who the target is..." Yue Yang furrowed his brows.

"If the target is a Mercenary, what would you choose?" The old man asked.

"I...would choose the blank white paper." Yue Yang laughed. This type of question wasn't asking about killing techniques, but killing knowledge? How would that be difficult?

"How would you use a piece of paper to kill someone?" The old man frowned slightly.

"Simple. I'd pretend it is a secret, precious piece of art. After handing it to the target, I'd notify everyone that he had a this art, and I wouldn't have to kill the mercenary at all. Countless people would fight to kill him in order to get their hands on the item." Yue Yang shrugged, replying confidently.

"If the target wasn't a Mercenary but a Merchant, what would your choice be?" The old man slowly nodded, and changed questions.

"I'd choose the blank piece of paper.....I would pretend it was a financial balance that had been calculated wrong. Once the target merchant is completely absorbed in calculating the assets and revenue lost, I'd kill him." Yue Yang replied. Hearing this, the old man's thin and frail hands suddenly stopped trembling. He asked, "What if the target was an Official? Would you still choose the blank piece of paper as your killing weapon?"

"Why not? I can pretend it's the emperor's decree. After the official kneels down to accept it, I'd offer him a cup of poisoned wine." Yue Yang had watched many TV shows and movies, and no matter how just and famous the generals were, they could never resist the emperor's decree, nor a cup of poisoned wine in their bodies.

If the monarch wants his subject to die, the subjects would have no choice but to die.

This law had existed since ancient times. It would always be correct, no matter what the situation was.

This did not only apply to Feudal Chinese, it also applied to China Dynasties and the Soaring Dragon Continent. Here, it would be regarded as a wise saying.

The old man lifted his eyelid open, and astonishment coloured his pitch-black eyes. He looked at Yue Yang for a few seconds, his expressions changing for an instant, but he recovered his composure quickly. In the end, he nodded his head in amazement, approving the brat's shameless poison plot.

Yue Yang was secretly delighted, believing that he had already grasped the qualifications become an assassin.

However, he hadn't imagined that the old man would continue to ask, "If your target is a woman, what would you choose?"

Hearing the word 'woman', Yue Yang's pervertedness began to stir, as he started to think lewdly. "That depends on how young and pretty she is. If she's both, then I'd still choose the blank piece of paper...."

"What will you pretend it is this time?" The old man asked.

"No, I won't be pretending. I will sincerely write a letter pleading for her love on the piece of paper. However, if she doesn't agree, then I will kill her, and complete the mission" Yue Yang said with a tone of regret. The old man inquired, "What if she does agree?" Hearing this, Yue Yang immediately brightened and said, "If she agrees to love me, then why would I kill her? I'd directly bring her home and marry her so she could become my wife."

"...." The old man was speechless.

Although he had lived for quite a long time, he had never met a fellow as shameless as Yue Yang.

The thick-skinned Yue Yang didn't realize that he had such a contented expression on his face that made one feel the urge to punch him at first glance.