Chapter 31 - Booked Pure Chastity

"Summoning Grimoire!"

The summoner was not Yue Yang, but rather the bright-eyed thief.

A wave of golden light burst into view from between the bright-eyed thief's fingers, immediately forming a pale orange dome that covered both Yue Yang and the bright-eyed thief's bodies. Summoning Grimoire users were different from ordinary people. When in battle, the Summoning Grimoire would automatically generate a defensive ability in the form of a dome, called the Halo Shield. This dome would not break even if attacked by extremely strong outside forces, and would protect the user until either the summoned beast died or until the time limit was up.

The time limit for a Copper Grimoire was 10 minutes.

The Silver Grimoire's time limit was twice that of the Copper Grimoire's.

The Grimoire that the bright-eyed thief summoned was a Silver Grimoire, and was above Yue Yang's Beginner level Copper Grimoire by 3 sub-ranks.

In other words, if the bright-eyed thief's summoned beast did not die within the next 20 minutes, then even the extremely powerful Rock Golem couldn't do anything to the Halo Shield.

"You're actually a Grimoire Summoner?" The lanky Wu Yi's eyes began to twitch, and his face's complexion became even uglier.

"Wah, a Grimoire Summoner, heavens, this thief is unexpectedly a Grimoire Summoner, and it's even a Silver Grimoire... ... Red, Orange, Yellow, Light Green, Green, Blue, Purple. The Halo is Orange, and there's a flashing gold star, this thief is a Level 4 Champion! No way, the White Stone City has a Level 4 Champion?" The crowds watching from afar exclaimed in surprise. One should know that Grimoire Summoners were rarer than diamonds. All of them were either genius warriors that surpassed ordinary people or they were children of major clans with outstanding bloodlines.

Everyone's attention was currently on that young thief, who was unexpectedly a Level 4 Champion that possessed a Silver Grimoire.

She was obviously not someone from a normal family.

No one would believe that this bright-eyed thief could rise to a Level 4 Champion without any major clan or country's support even if they were beaten to death.

At first, the spectators felt that the fight between the two thieves and Wu Yi wasn't going to be an interesting show to watch. Faced with a 6 meter Rock Golem, all it would take was 2 fists to beat these two into pulp.

Now that a Silver Grimoire appeared, the spectators' views completely changed.

No matter how strong ordinary warriors were, they were still helpless before the genius Grimoire Summoners... after all, Grimoire Summoners had the Halo Shield protecting them, thus enabling them to focus on defeating their opponents' beast summons, and destroying their tactics.

No matter how many beast summons an ordinary warrior had, there was no way he could have more than a Grimoire Summoner.

To ordinary people, the Rock Golem was an unequalled existence.

In front of a Grimoire Summoner, however, there were many ways to deal with it.

All Grimoire Contractors had a Guardian Beast that could be revived when it died. As long as they controlled their Guardian Beasts carefully, the Halo Shield would definitely hold out until the time limit!

Now as long as the bright-eyed thief summoned a beast that could attack Wu Yi directly, she wouldn't need to care about the slow-moving Rock Golem. She didn't even need to care about any of Wu Yi's attacks, summoning a beast to help her kill him would be more than enough.