Chapter 34 - Do you have anything else to show off?

The Bronze Barbaric Bull was the first to rush forward. His gigantic blood-red eyes flashed its [Doom Eyes].

Everyone believed that this little thief was finished, there was no doubt that he was going to die.

The Bronze Barbaric Bull's eyes lit up, indicating that it was about to unleash its rapid killing move, [Doom Eyes]. In the next second, this little thief's soul would be completely annihilated, leaving behind a corpse without a soul... ... The Guard Leader had already shut his eyes closed, unable to watch it any further. Two Grimoire Contract Holders dying in White Stone City would definitely cause a chaos, maybe even shed rivers of blood throughout the city. The powers behind these two little thieves would definitely not let the killers off easily.

Especially the stronger of the two, that Level 4 Champion, she's a Grimoire Contract Holder from the Valley of Butterflies and Flowers.

Raising such a young Level 4 Champion Silver Grimoire Holder, was something unfathomable to the Guard Leader. It must have been a huge investment. For this kind of a genius warrior to be killed, how could the Valley of Butterflies and Flowers not retaliate?

However, even if the Guard Leader knew that they were facing imminent catastrophe, he had no way to stop Wu Yi and Xie Huo from working together to kill these two unusual little thieves.

This was because the powers behind Wu Yi and Xie Huo were just as strong. These matters were not something a small Guard Leader like him could interfere with. At first, he had hoped that Master Golden Blade who had gone on a trip with the White Stone City's chief would be able to receive news of this incident quickly and could rush back in time to stop this disaster from happening.

But now it seemed that it was already too late.

"Hahahaha!" Wu Yi was beside himself with joy, and the battlefield rang with his laughter. His evil laughter was similar to that of an owl, and hearing it made people's hearts feel gloomy.

However, his laughter was cut off just 3 seconds later.

Before, if someone said that the Level 5 Bronze Barbaric Bull couldn't kill a little thief using its [Doom Eyes], everyone would have thought that that person had gone mad. However, this was proven true right in front of their eyes. Yue Yang's figure flashed once, but then he returned back to his normal state immediately. The entire battlefield was shocked into silence. All the spectating mercenaries were stupefied; their jaws dropped so wide that a spirit beast could be stuffed inside.

Yue Yang himself also felt that this outcome was slightly unexpected.

He had actually thought of a strategy to defeat the Bronze Barbaric Bull, and that was to use his 'Phantom Shadow', a Guardian Beast that can be revived when it died, to guard against the Bronze Barbaric Bull's Doom Eyes.

In that moment, when the Bronze Barbaric Bull activated its Doom Eyes, Yue Yang's real body had already dodged away, only leaving behind his Phantom Shadow.

He had hoped to use this shadow to test the true strength of the [Doom Eyes].

Is it a rapid killing technique?

Or was it just ineffective?

In that one second when he experienced the [Doom Eyes] attack through the Phantom Shadow that had been killed by the [Doom Eyes], Yue Yang could feel in his consciousness that an image had came out from the Bronze Barbaric Bull's soul with an unimaginable speed, like a bolt of lightning, charging directly towards his consciousness in one mysterious moment. It then immediately disappeared.