Chapter 16 - Requirement for Choosing a Spouse: Bubble Butt

Seeing the one thousand gold bounty, Yue Yang nearly went and serve himself on a silver platter.

Even though he might not understand the saying 'A lone tree might look more beautiful than a forest, but it will be easily destroyed by the storm', he had heard a lot of stories before. Yue Yang did not feel that telling the world he was the secret Innate Ranker was a good idea. The royal family would of course be delighted that an Innate Ranker had joined their ranks, strengthening the power of their country. But what would the other two great countries think? They would probably have him assassinated before he could grow to become a top tier Ranker......He was already an Innate Ranker at such a young age, additionally, he had never eaten any elixirs and furthermore lacked a Godly Spirit Beast. Even an idiot would know that the Innate technique he practiced was superb, thus other Innate Rankers would definitely covet it.

Therefore, unless someone had achieved invincibility, he should try his best to keep a low profile and act in secret. After all, you should keep quiet about your wealth to better safeguard it.

YueYang laughed as he pulled up his black mask to cover his face before swaggering into the Mercenary Guild.

The room was full of mercenaries, but nobody could've possibly known that this masked youth would be the Innate Ranker that the entire world had been looking for. They continued to drink and bet as they had been the whole time.

Anyone could tell with a single glance that a person clothed in black with his face covered like Yue Yang was obviously thief wanna-be who had only just started in this line of business.

Aside from watching over their money more closely, there was no other reaction.

"Excuse me, could you tell more about the steps needed to register as a mercenary?" Yue Yang asked politely. In a mercenary guild, if one was more polite, it meant that he was weaker, and would be easier to be looked down upon. Yue Yang wanted the entire world to see him as a weak person. That way, he would be able to keep his skills hidden and better safeguard his secrets. Thus, he put on an 'I'm weak, please don't bully me' facade.

"Pay up, then fill out this form. If you have extra money, you can buy a 'Mercenary Heavenly Badge'. Every time you complete a mission, it'll record your accumulated points, and naturally raise your Mercenary Rank. However, this would cost an additional fee of 10 silver coins." The mercenary guild's receptionist was not a gorgeous beauty that Yue Yang had imagined. He was just a greasy-faced, bald old man.

"I...I don't know how to write. Can you help me fill it out? I, I'll pay 1 silver coin." Of course, Yue Yang could write, but he didn't want others to recognize his writing.

The Rankers in the Soaring Dragon Continent had all types of Inherent skills.

If a person skilled in distinguishing handwriting came along, wouldn't his cover be blown?

Paying the old man to fill it out was comparatively safer. These things weren't important anyways; as long as he could use the Mercenary Guild to get a few missions that offered bounties, he would get the money back.

The old man had met many mercenaries that couldn't write before. However, he would usually cheat strangers. Immediately, he determined that Yue Yang was a naive chick that had just hatched from his egg. How could he be willing to pay 1 silver coin for someone else to fill a form for him? A silver was equivalent to 100 coppers! This youngster seemed to throw out money casually. If this youth wasn't someone with more money than sense in his head, what else could he be? The old man didn't bother holding back, and coldly snorted: "I can help you fill it out, but you need to pay me 3 silver coins."

Yue Yang extremely despised this greedy old man in his heart. However on the outside, he showed a pitiful expression and begged, "Three is too much. Two silver, I'll pay two silver. Can you please help me to fill out this form?"