Chapter 4 - Heavenly Sword Goddess?

Right now he could still pretend, but later on if he met that Fourth Uncle or other relatives and friends and yet could not recognize them, he would definitely be found out. Yue Yang hurriedly searched for the things that drowned pitiful guy had possibly left over. There could be stuff that would explain the drowned guy more, best if it was a diary or something along that line.

After looking for the whole day, the table, wardrobe and everything else in the room was all flipped over.

There really was a diary, but it didn't help much.

The pitiful guy had only written about his summoning meditation and also his Yue Family's Spear Technique training journal.

Yue Yang realized that the pitiful guy was actually quite hardworking. He was not able to make a contract with the summoning grimoire, but his Yue Family's Spear Technique training was progressing well. However, from this diary, Yue Yang found out that the pitiful guy didn't reveal his training progress to the others. He had wanted to surprise his family on the day he managed to make a contract with his summoning grimoire. It was due to this that everyone had thought he was good for nothing.

The pitiful guy had also noted that the Yue Family Spear Technique was a weapon art technique that was handed down through the generations of Yue family. When combined with a strong fighting-beast type Spirit Beast, it would become extremely powerful.

He also wrote in his diary that it was really regrettable that half of the the Spear Technique Manual was lost, because of a villain who had killed a Yue Family ancestor, who was an extremely powerful martial artist expert, a thousand years ago. If the Yue Family had owned the whole Spear Technique Manual, he believed they wouldn't have merely ranked third amongst the four big houses. They would have been the first.

Even with only half of the technique left, the Yue Family's Spear Technique was still a reputable weapon art. Although it was not the most powerful technique, the technique had produced many strong, undefeatable warriors.

For example, the pitiful guy's father was the strongest warrior in the Yue family, a talent that came once in a hundred years.

It was a pity he left this world early, halting the abrupt rise of the Yue Family.

"Spear Technique?" Yue Yang was big headed when he saw it.

Although he was a shut-in and never practiced martial arts before, he knew quite a bit about martial arts techniques. There was a poem that says: "It takes a month to learn how to wield a stick, a year to wield a blade, and a lifetime to wield a spear. But a treasure sword would not even be mastered in a lifetime." Amongst the difficulty level of weapons, spears were the hardest to master. If not for a long time of harsh training, it would be hard to yield any results. There were a lot of spear techniques and every family's or school of spear technique would have their own specialties. It could be said that there would not even be enough time even if you use your whole lifetime to master the spear.

But this Spear Technique...

The pitiful guy had studied it for a few decades, yet it was still in its early stages of training.

Yue Yang decided to forget about the Spear Technique first. What he needed right now was an ability, not a weapon art that he would need to spend his whole life training with. Furthermore, the importance of weapon and martial arts in the Soaring Dragon continent had dwindled. Mastering a martial art technique, even a normal one was extremely difficult. It would be hard to break through the 3rd mastery level no matter how hard you train. Because of that, even the most powerful techniques such as the Yue Family Spear Technique, were not as powerful as last time. Furthermore, the Yue Family Spear Technique needed to be complemented with a suitable Spirit Beast before its full power could be displayed.