Chapter 8 - Birth of an Abnormal Genius

In Yue Bing's eyes, her San-ge who had never went to school was even better in controlling monsters than the second-year students in her school.

Having not learned any of the controlling techniques, he had learned how to direct the flower to its target all by himself. He had synchronized with the flower and transferred his will into it. This feat was often a big hurdle for all of the students from the Plant Department when they were learning the control technique.

San-ge had managed to do it so easily.

Moreover, he learned it without anyone teaching it to him.

In barely a few seconds, he could order a Spitting Thorny Flower which had just been contracted and summoned for the first time to attack a target with [Poison Spit].

Such a natural and quick thinking skill, once he entered school, he would probably be considered as a genius that only came once in a hundred years by the teachers.

Yue Bing looked at Yue Yang who was thoroughly dismayed. Her greatest shock was actually not because of his quick thinking skills, but from the fact that this person, who was called a loser by the others, was absolutely not aware of how scary his natural abilities were.

"Ai?" Yue Yang was about to hide in the corner and draw circles on the ground when he suddenly saw the Spitting Thorny Flower in front of him wither and dropped to the ground.

A flash of information floated across his mind and made him smack his forehead again. He was really an idiot.

The advantage of the Spitting Thorny Flower from other monsters was that it does not need to be fed nor be taken care of. It also did not need a particular condition to exist. The monsters from the Animal Category and the Beast Category had to be fed in order to attack with their magic, while the monsters from the Insect Category and Fish Category needed to fulfil several conditions before it could exist in this world. Compared to them, the Plant Category and the Puppet Category were the easiest to manage. If the Puppet Category monsters was broken, it could simply be taken to the Puppet Palace to be fixed. However, if it was destroyed, then it wouldn't be able to be revived. Also, the greatest disadvantage of the monsters from the Puppet Category was that they couldn't evolve.

On the other hand, the monsters in the Plant Category can evolve, but their greatest disadvantage was their movement speed. They were extremely slow.

Furthermore, they lacked intelligence. Rather than training a Spitting Thorny Flower to spit poison, people would rather train a Wind Wolf, Shadow Leopard and engage in close combat instead...

However, the Spitting Thorny Flower also had its own advantage. Its greatest advantage was that it could devour a dead body and evolve. Other than monsters from the Puppet Category, as long as it was a living thing, it could devour them and digest them slowly. Then, it would evolve and level up using the powers in the dead body.

It's just that in the beginning, this flower was extremely small and weak. One [Poison Spit] would have consumed all of it's power, and it would quickly wither.

Of course, this did not mean it was really dead. Only if it was utterly destroyed, then it couldn't be revived.

Amongst all other monsters, no matter if they were Holy Spirit Beasts or Godly Spirit Beasts, there was only one type who would never die: the Guardian Spirit Beast from the summoning grimoire.

Guardian Spirit Beasts were the only type of monster that would die nor betray their summoner. Other monsters would have their own degree of loyalty. If their loyalty was low, the monster could even ran away during battles. Worst of all, it could disappear on its own from the summoning grimoire...