Chapter 39 - Born to be Smacked Around?

Yue Bing's letter was vague, only stating that she had been kicked out of her team and now had to finish the training on her own.

That she was being vague about this matter clearly showed that this might have something to do with the Second Branch's Fourth Son, Yue Yan.

From the letter, one could see that the young lady Yue Bing felt that she had been wronged and was angry. The Fourth Brother, though he was from the same clan as her, not only had he not helped her, instead he had sowed discord, stirred up the flames and then rubbed salt into the wound. In the end, she had been forced to redo the training from scratch alone, because she had been kicked out of the team despite almost completing it earlier. In her letter, the young lady Yue Bing even kind-heartedly reminded the beautiful woman not to tell Third Brother about this matter, in order to ensure that he did not worry for her. However, after the matter with the Black Mountain Bandits, the beautiful woman already treated her son Yue Yang as the pillar of the family. If there was a problem, of course she would not keep it from him.

"Si-Niang, I will go fetch Younger Sister Bing-Er home. Although I only recently contracted the Grimoire, I should be able to give Younger Sister Bing-Er some help.

The beautiful woman did not doubt Yue Yang's words at all. His recent actions had comforted her so much that she felt that this son had grown up and was already a man who could take charge of himself.

That night, she had thought that the Black Mountain Bandits were going to attack the City and in her heart she had panicked. However, he had said he would use all his strength to protect his family and listening to those words moved her a lot and gave her comfort.

Her Third Son had finally grown up.

She agreed to Yue Yang's request to go and fetch Yue Bing. However, she rejected his request and idea to first escort her back to the Yue Clan Castle.

Although the beautiful woman had a kind-hearted character and was accustomed to resigning herself to adversity, she still had self-respect even if she did not voice it out. When the clan felt that her husband had no future, they had forced them out of the clan by moving the Fourth Branch out of the Yue Clan Castle to the Misty Cloud Mountain. Further, they caused her husband to idle away as a minor government official, adding multiple blows to her heart. Residing in White Stone City was in no way peaceful and safe, but even so, no matter how well fortified the Yue Clan Castle was, if it weren't the Clan Elder asking her to return to the Yue Clan Castle personally, she would definitely not move back voluntarily to the kind of family that swept her out like dust on the floor.

Her husband was a filial son and she did not oppose his working all-year-round for the Yue Clan, even when it made him extremely busy and kept him away from his wife and children.

However, in her heart she held a resolution that she would strive to keep improving and would definitely not be a person that only had to endure the First and Second Branch's moods.

San Er's contract with the Grimoire was her biggest wish for the last 15 years. Now that this wish was fulfilled, she had no other demands and was even less inclined to return to the Yue Clan Castle to suffer her family's cold words and sarcastic comments.

To the beautiful woman, as long as her son improved and her daughter was a good girl, that was more important than anything else.

"Si Niang, after I meet Younger Sister Bing Er, I'll bring her back straight away. While I'm away, you and Younger Sister Shuang Er must take care and stay safe. These days, the White Stone City is in a bit of disorder and it's best not to go out much." Yue Yang warned repeatedly, but the beautiful woman normally did not go out much anyway. There were also a few loyal and devoted servants to look after them, so there would be no problems. The most important thing was that although Yue Ling was a minor government official with no real power, for good or worse he was still a child of the Yue Clan. So, even the more audacious mercenaries and robbers would not dared to come up to this kind of family and stirred up trouble. The Four Great Clans' reputation was displayed here and it was a good deterrent.