Moody

"Okay... one week anniversary," Will said.

"What?" Nico responded.

Even though they hadn't come out as an official couple yet (and the only two that knew, they had sworn to secrecy), there was definitely something more than friendship between them. They were eating lunch in a clearing in the woods, peacefully enjoying the beauty of nature.

"Here," Will handed Nico a small box, "I know that I 'didn't have to' but I wanted to."

"Umm, okay."

Nico carefully took the lid off the box to find a necklace shaped like a skull. The mist inside turned orange as soon as he touched it.

"What--?"

"It's a mood necklace. Magic," Will told him.

"That's... odd."

"Orange means curious."

Nico thought about it. He was curious.

"So..."

"Put it on!"

And so Nico did. It went surprisingly well with his outfit. He smiled and the necklace turned a light cyan.

"Thanks."

Little did either of the boys know, the Stolls, the only ones who knew about the two of them, were having a conversation with Calypso.

"I can hack magic items better than Leo can hack electrical ones, I'm telling you!" she stormed deeper into Bunker Nine and started to polish a shield. The brothers looked at each other and followed her.

"Oh, really?" Conner asked.

"I doubt it, Callie," added Travis.

"Yes, I can, and I can prove it!" she threw down her rag.

"Are you sure?" Travis asked, grinning at Conner.

"Yes!"

"Okay. Then by all means, prove it."

"Sure. What magic item should I hack?"

The Stoll shared a mischievous smile.

"Have you ever heard of a mood necklace?"

The next day...

Nico wished he knew what the colour pink meant. Will stopped by before breakfast.

"Hello?" he called. Nico came out of his bathroom, pulling a shirt over his head. Will tried not to stare. After carrying around a hundred pound sword and training, he reminded Will of a greyhound: sleek, strong, muscular. But we digress.

"Hey," Nico said.

"Hey, how's the necklace?"

"Pink," Nico pulled it out of his shirt. "What the heck does pink mean?"

Will stared, dumbstruck. After one week of dating?

"... Love-struck..."

They stood in awkward silence.

They evidently didn't hear the Stolls laughter a few feet away.