Chapter 1: Loss

Now its time to say goodbye

to the things we love

and the innocence of youth...

Prologue

The team was on the ground, injured and exhausted. They ran out of fight. Their opponent stood before them, sparks of electricity fired off his hands.

"No..." the dragon spoke, her eyes were red with fire, but she didn't have the strength to match it. "Don't do it..."

"Hurry team leader. Decide," a man in a half skull mask was ready to kill all four if one wasn't chosen.

Their leader stood up, she leaned on her scythe, and with a smile she dusted off her cloak. "There's no choosing... it's me..."

"No! Ruby! Get down!!!" the snow angel yelled, begging her beloved not to do it.

"I see... you choose your own life over your comrades."

"Ruby you don't have to do this!!" her faunus sister said, also begging for her reconsideration.

"I'm sorry guys... just can't let you die..." she said, she turned and smiled at them. A high velocity shock wave was directed to her. "As leader, I'm responsible for my team."

The shock wave had struck her and the rose had made her final scream. The electricity had surged throughout her body and her heart had beat in an increase rate that it had exploded within her body. She had collapsed on the floor spewing blood from her mouth.

"No!!! Ruby!! No..." Weiss got up and stumbled to her, holding her. Blake watched from where she was, unable to move. She just cried, thinking she failed her friend.

Yang Xiao Long stood in challenge to mask man. She clench her fist. And out of rage of the tragedy, with her new found strength, attacked the mask man. The two had fought, as if a one sided battle until a sudden change with a single strike. She struck his chest in a precision strike, shattering his ribs and rupturing his organs. She killed him, avenging her sister, she never bows to her enemies.

Chapter 1: Loss

"As we stand here today for our fallen comrade, we are reminded that there are darkness out there beyond these walls. Ready to take those we love. Ruby Rose was not only our elite warrior, but a leader, a beloved sister..." a quick glance was given to the blood sibling, Yang Xiao Long, by all. "A friend. Our loss will be incalculable by her death and she will be missed. But although she has left, this world she will always be remembered strong in our hearts. And hope she may find peace where ever she goes. Thank you." Professor Ozpin, and his way with words, had left the stage.

It had been four days since the tragedy and the stage was given to the rest of Team RWBY to say there goodbyes.

"She...she..." Yang had trouble speaking, she couldn't maintain her train of thought. "My baby sister..."

She broke down crying unable to speak. Her friends of another team helped her off the stage. Her father followed, keeping a blank face.

"She was youngest of all of us..." Blake Belladonna had spoke her turn. "When I first met her she created a crater in the middle of the school court yard with just a sneeze."

There was a small laughter among the crowd.

"My first impression was she was just a child and to this day I still believe so, but aside of her childish personality, she was a good leader. She helped us all...she helped me...I was afraid of who I was. A former member of the White Fang. A faunus. And through me she had convinced this entire kingdom of true equality. She helped fulfill my dream. And I have so much to owe for that. Right now all I can do, is keep going on for her memory..." she too was at a loss of words and ran off the stage.

The last one was unwilling to speak. But she stood in front of the crowd and revealed a knife in hand. Ready to off herself in front of the crowd. Her sister, as well as other speed semblance students held her down.

"Ms. Schnee, put the knife down!!" a security guard had retrieve the knife.

"Weiss stop!!" her sister screamed. Weiss Schnee, the one of snow, had cried and was only able to utter one word. "Ruby..."

As the funeral continued, Ruby Rose was buried and many attempts made by Weiss was trying to be buried with her. Yang Xiao Long had left the academy ground and Blake Belladonna was no where to be found Vale.

And the finale of this story had come to an end. The hero of the book had fulfill her mission.