Chapter 7: Alcoholism, Hospitalization, Assassination Attempt

General POV:

Twenty minutes since Yang had lost her cool on Blake, she left the building and went to her secret stash of liquor and vodka. The pain of being lied to by her lover had increased as well as the pain of losing her sister had resurfaced as well. Dealing with her post traumatic stress as well as her "teammates" new found career, she had skipped the shots and went straight to the bottle.

After the entire liquor bottle was drained of its content, Yang moved onto the vodka. Due to her fatigue and vommiting, her body clearly told her that it has reached its limit of alcohol tolerance. Still being as stubborn as she is, she attempt to drown her pain in the high concentrated alcohol.

After a few gulped Yang had completely lost consciousness and collapsed. She was not seen for the rest of the day. Leaving concern to the rest of the team.

The next morning Pyrrha was stumbled accross a faint smell of alcohol and was attracted by curiosity. She had discovered Yang unconscious on the ground and rushed her to the hospital. Later on she contacted the rest of Team JNPR as well as Weiss and Blake.

All but Blake had arrived to the hospital as the doctors were filtering the alcohol out of Yang's blood stream.

"Where's Blake?" Pyrrha asked.

"She wouldn't come. Said she couldn't face her." Jaune said. He adjusted Noah Arc a bit, showing signs of discomfort.

The group waited at the lobby and doctor came out just an hour later.

"H-how is she?" Weiss asked as she stood up.

"I'm afraid that your teammate..."

"Friend."

"I'm afraid your friend has suffered alcohol poisoning," the entire group stood up in concern and shock. "We have manage to filter as much as we could and rehydrated your friend with enough water to stabilize her. She should be fine but she will need to be hospitalized for another week."

"Why a week?" Jaune asked. "Alcohol poisoning would only take a few hours of treatment to recover enough to leave the hospital."

"That's where I must say, your friend has fallen into a coma."

They all gasped, hearing that their comrade's condition was that grim had terrified them.

"S-she will wake in a w-week, r-right?" Weiss was terrified of what would happen if she lost another one of her friends to death. What if the girl Yang saw was Ruby? How would she be able to say that her sister was gone?

"That is our estimated time. She should be fine, her aura should help repair her physical body. Right now, we just need to run some tests."

The gang nodded and went to see Yang. She was indeed comatose.

Weiss had informed Blake the situation, but she still refused to see Yang. It was clear she had entered her refusal of compliance stage, something only Yang can convince her other wise.

Seeing that Blake was her best rehabilitation partner, she needed someone else that could match her pace. And the most logical candidate was Jaune and his sword, Noah Arc.

Red's POV:

Hearing that the target had been hospitalized, it gave me a good opportunity to redeem myself. I had entered the hospital and asked for my targets room.

"I'm looking for Yang Xiao Long," I asked. As I said it, the name sounded too familiar to me. I knew I heard from him, but it felt as if I knew it from somewhere else.

"Fourth level, room Y2," the hologram assistant said.

I went into the elavator. As the door closed, a vision had flashed in my eyes. All I saw was myself as well as the target, a black dressed girl, and a Schnee girl standing on a stage with cheering all around us. Then the vision was gone and the elavator door opened. I shook my head as I continued onto my next objective; kill Yang Xiao Long and retrieved her weapon gauntlets.

I had looked for room Y2. When I had found her, I saw she was unconscious on a hospital bed. I had pulled out one of my twin scythe pistols I had retrieved some time ago after leaving it. I aimed them at her.

"Forgive me for my actions upon thee in thy sleep. Yang Xiao Long,"

I was about to squeeze the trigger when I found myself hesitating. I found that I couldn't do it. I couldn't kill her.

A nurse had came in and panicked as she saw my weapon. The alarm had went off and I fled from the scene, failing my mission yet again.