Chapter 15: Power Outage

Ren's POV:

Blake, Yang, and I had returned to Neopolitan's room. She was thrashing about, screaming mostly apologies and begging for forgiveness. Blake had ran to Neopolitan and held her very closely. The former White Fang assasin began to calm. As she awoke, she held onto Blake, crying hard. It's seems that at some point even the strongest breaks.

Blake's POV:

I held Neo and let her cry on me. I really hate to see her in so much pain. It was unbearable. I could see what Yang had to go through when she and Ruby were children.

After a few minutes, the power was suddenly out. Our only light source came from the moonlight at our window.

"Well, this is odd," Pyrrha said.

"Huh. You think?" Yang tossed us each flash lights. As a faunus, I could naturally see in the dark.

"We should check the generator," Jaune held Noah Arc close. I could tell he sensed something wrong.

"I'll go," Pyrrha said. I nodded and she left the room.

Pyrrha's POV:

This was stranged. The generator should be fine. Although the building is no longer the Beacon Academy dormitories anymore, Professor Ozpin had kept this building standing for Team RWBY and JNPR as well for any other team allies.

I went down to the maintenance room and looked for the generator. When I had found it I had noticed the power cable had been cut. I sensed danger immediately but was not quick enough to react. A heavy object had knocked me out from behind.

When I woke, I flipped the switch of the back up generator.

Jaune's POV:

Pyrrha was gone for more than ten minutes and it was really worrying me. I knew something was wrong. I felt it.

"Hey guys I'm gonna go check on Pyrrha," I left the room and went down. Sensing danger I drew my sword and switched it to rifle. I had aimed at whatever would pop out in front of me.

After going down another floor, danger wasn't in front of me, rather...behind me. I quickly swung the end of my gun behind me and the figure dodged.

I aimed my weapon at him...or her. Maybe Ruby. "Drop your weapon Ruby. I don't want to hurt you."

She pulled out a staff of flint lock pistols. I examined it. They were Sun's gun chucks. She charged towards me and I fired one shot. She blocked it. I switched to sword mode and swung at her. She blocked it, separated the staff, and the last thing I remember was being hit in the face with a literal blasting impact.

When I woke, the power was back on and I was resting on Pyrrha's lap.

Blake's POV:

We heard a gunshot go off two floors below us. Yang activated Ember Celica and Ren drew his twin pistols. There were footsteps coming towards us. Nora walked towards the door.

"Jaune, did your weapon go off again...?" we tried to stop her but as she walked out the room, she was punched further into the alley way.

Someone in a red cape came in.

"Ruby..." Yang froze. Unable to find the courage to attack. She was sent flying out the window.

"Yang!" I screamed. I heard Ember Celica go off and knew she landed somehow. Ruby fought Ren using a flint lock staff...Sun's weapon. Ren disarmed her and pinned her down.

Yang flew back in and the power came back.

"We got her now," Yang was surely confident. When she unhood her, she dropped to her knees and cried. "No..."