Chapter 39: Chapter's End

Blake's POV:

Weiss and I had caught up with both Yang and Ruby. Weiss was able to encase Taiyang's body in a shell of ice, cryofreezing him until Juniper came around. I held an exhausted Yang. Ruby and Raven were going rush on Adam.

"His arm..." Yang said.

"What?" I looked at Yang, then back at the battle.

"We need to sever that right arm from him," she coughed a little blood. "After he uses an energy slash, his arm charges him back up."

I remebered how everytime Adam does a photon slash, his mobility was decreased to normal human standards. I looked at Adam as he delivered a mid air blow to Raven. It sent her flying a few feet. Ruby had slashed at him as he landed, but her scythe blade met Adam's metal arm as he skid through the pavement.

Weiss threw ice crystals at him, and as they were about to make contact, the crystals burst into smaller shards and scraped Adam everywhere. She then summoned a copy of Ruby, but it was immediately destroyed as  Adam slashed it. Weiss didn't have enough aura to summon a stable copy. Immediately she was exhausted.

Ruby retreated and joined us. Yang and Weiss could hardly stand. Ruby was beat up but seemed to still some fight left.

"So we just need to take his arm off," I said. Ruby nodded and loaded a new clip to Crescent Rose. "That shouldn't be too hard right?"

"Yeah...but how do we fight him, he's too strong," Yang said. She tried to stand but was  collapsed as her ribs were broken from earlier.

"Yes, I am strong, because I fight for a better cause, all you do is want to is fight for a disease," he said. "I fight to purify it. The grim might be bacteria, but you humans are the virus, the pandemic, the plague, and you will be eradicated."

I gripped Gambol Shroud, this had to end and he had to die. But...I couldn't kill him. I may have been a killer, but I can't kill him. Even if he's a homicidal psycopath that needs to be put down, I couldn't do it.

I looked at Yang and then at the team.

"Well Ruby," I said. "Your call, leader."

"Weiss, how much aura do you have?" Ruby asked.

"Not much, but enough," she said.

"Enough is enough," Ruby turned to me. "Ready a lady bug."

Adam walked to us with his sword sheathed. I'd imagine for a photon slash.

"Freezer burn!" Weiss made an ice coating on the floor and Yang punched it. I ran around Adam and got into position. He used a photon slash to rid our cover. "Ice flower!"

Weiss aligned her glyph with Ruby's nuzzle. She aimed and fired at Adam's arm. I was waiting for the finishing combo. One out of the three shots got his arm.

"Lady bug!!" Ruby and I charged at Adam. Because he couldn't charge himself with the arm, he didn't have the mobility to stop us.

We had severed his arm from his body and Ruby and I did a kick to both sides of his face. Realisticly, it would hurt no matter how strong your head is. Adam dropped his sword and dropped to his knees. I walked up to him and took his mask off. His eyes were still fueled with rage although admitting defeat.

I kissed his forehead. He closed his eyes and I felt him relax.

"Good bye," I said as they were the final words I said to him four years ago. I walked behind him and made a sharp turn back and shot him in the back of the head.

"Blake!" Ruby shouted at me. Clearly she didn't know what next to do as did I. I dropped Gambol Shroud and covered my mouth. Almost puking. I cried. I didn't know why...but I killed him. But it felt right even though it was wrong.

Ruby went in front of his corpse. "You killed him."

My whole body was trembling. For the first time in a while, I didn't know what else to do. I wanted to run, but I couldn't find the courage to. Instead, I felt arms wrap around me. "It's over now."

I looked at Ruby and cried on her. More than fifteen years of regret and remorse just burst out. Weiss helped Yang to us. We all hugged and cried just for the sake of it. I felt free from the demons that I was trapped by. I knew Ruby felt the same.

Hours went by and reports were that White Fang men, if not yet arrested, were on the run. Juniper had revived Taiyang before he died of complete blood loss. He was not on his feet with Raven crying on him.

Yang had got her ribs fixed and she, as well as Ruby, got their scratches and scars healed up. We stood out side of the White Fang base of operations, or the Schnee Dust Company's main mining and dust manufacturing facility.

I sighed. My chest was still heavy having to have to kill him. "So...what do we do?"

Ruby smiled. "Bed time?"

Instantly we all agreed.

"Yes please," Weiss said cracking her neck.

"I'm going to sleep forever," Yang said.

I smiled. Ruby punched my arm softly and we went home to our old dorms. Exhaustion hit all four of us and we fell asleep in eachother's arms. Finally at peace, and as a family.