Chapter 6: Mission Gone Wrong

Blake's POV:

As soon as Yang passed out I snuck out of the area to the Eastern Vale docks. The ship that carried the dust were arriving. I could see them in the distance. I put on my grim mask and used a bandanna to cover my mouth.

What was unexpected and unfortunate was Pyrrha was there early. That made my job a little difficult now. I drew gambol shroud and jumped from the building and knocked Pyrrha unconscious. I dragged her to a closet in one of the buildings. When Jaune came off the boat, I could tell that he immediately noticed something wrong. He drew Noah Arc, his blue rifle shifting long sword and got into fighting stance.

"Every one get ready, we might have company."

Ren had his twin pistols armed as well as Nora and her grenade hammer. This was not going to be easy. I've never fought Jaune with him using Noah Arc. So I don't know the power of that weapon.

They spread out. Ren and Nora went to guard the dust while Jaune stood battle ready. This was my chance. I made my rush and aimed gambol shroud at him, firing a few bullets. He deflected them, switching the sword to a rifle and fired at me. I dodged the shot and then we entered a sword battle.

I struck at him, he prairied. He swung, I dodged. When we got into a blade lock, he examine my weapon. "So, you that killer that's been hunting huntsman and huntresses and stealing their weapons?"

I was confused and was pushed back. He changed stance.

"Because that sword, Gambol Shroud, belonged to my friend Blake Belladonna, and there is no chance in hell she'd use it on me," he was charged at me. He still considers me a friend? Sure we lost touch for only four months but... I broke out of my trance when I was punched in the gut. I raised my sword and was about to strike when suddenly it all went black.

I woke up seeing the eyes of disbelief from the entire Team JNPR realising that I had been unmasked.

"Guess I was wrong...you did raise your sword at me..." Jaune said.

I tried to move but my hands and feet were bound by anti-aura hand cuffs. The police took me away and I spent two days in a jail cell being cataloged into the prison database...or so I thought.

Yes I was in jail, but I was released by Yang. When they let me out, I couldn't even look at her.

"You have some major explaining to do," she said in a low voice. I nodded.

We left the building greeted by the entire Team JNPR and Weiss. Yang had manage to convince Jaune not to put anything into record till they knew what I was up to and trying to do.

When we got to our old dorms, I slowly and hesistantly told them my new merc career as a contract killer with the side of abducting.

As I had finished, everyone looked at me with disappointment. I could tell that Jaune didn't take what I did personally against him, but still I could tell he was far beyond trusting me for a while. Pyrrha probably just held a grudge on me for knocking her out and almost kidnapping her boyfriend. But lightened up when I told them my plan to get him back almost as soon as transaction of the job was completed. I don't think Nora and Weiss were paying much attention after I said it was a job, to them a job is a job no matter how bad it was.

Ren was Ren. I couldn't tell what he was thinking. But the one person that just couldn't even look at me that I found unbearable was Yang. I looked at her a few times and she looked away from me as soon as I did.

"Guys...can we have the room a lone?" Yang asked. Everyone including Jaune nodded leaving us.

"Yang I..." before I finished, I was met with a hard slap on my left cheek. I stared at where ever I was looking with shock of what Yang did. She was never the one to raise her hand against anyone like that.

"How could you not tell me?" She said, it was clear she was enraged. "After everything we've been through, you still keep things from me. When you slipped your secret about being a faunus and a White Fang member, I was shocked, shocked that you didn't tell us sooner and that you kept something that big from all of us."

"Yang...I..." I was cut off.

"When we found out, I decided to let that go because knowing that leaving the White Fang must have been hard for you seeing you left your whole life behind you. But a contract killer?!" she shouted. I started crying. "An assasin and a part time abdunctionist?! How do I not know that the people you abducted didn't acquire Stolkholm syndrome and fall for you?! And that the fact you killed for money?! You didn't just betray a promise you made to us all those years ago!!! You betrayed our trust!!! Our friendship!!! But then again that's all you Faunus do, do you!!! You just liars!!! Cheaters!!! And murderers!!!"

I was loss at words. Silence by the words told to me four years ago as a first year in Beacon. Maybe that all I was. A liar...and a killer... That is what I was since I was a child.

"So...anything else I need to know Ms. Kitty Cat Liar?"

I could feel the wall of suppression crumbling down as tears slipped out.

"My operator... I've been working with Neapolitan... the girl you and Ruby fought four years ago..." and with that, I could feel anger and hate eminating from Yang.

"You're not apart of Team RWBY. You never were," Yang left as soon as she said that. And at that moment I started crying uncontrollably knowing that I had lost one of the only people irreplaceable in my life.