Chapter 33: Voices in my Head

Yang's POV:

We had lost track of Ruby. Weiss and I had ran seperate ways. As I was running in some corridor, Blake suddenly just came through the wall. Or several walls.

"Blake!" I ran to her. "Are you ok?"

"Fish..." her eyes were in swirls. Whatever hit her must've hit her heads first. The last time I saw this happen was when Nora swung her hammer at her. How it happened? To this day I have no clue. I threw her over my shoulder and went to find Weiss and Ruby. Passing another few corridors, the ground beneath me shattered and Blake and I was sent flying down several stories.

Ruby's POV:

White Fang foot soldiers did a miserable job stopping me. They all came at me at once and I had cut them down like grimm. Walking in a straight line swinging, twirling, and slashing Crescent Rose about till they were all nothing but meat chunks ready to feed to pigs. Nothing was able to stop me. I heard heels clicking towards me and aimed my scythe at her. But as I thought an old enemy approach me, I had almost pulled the trigger at my beloved snowflake.

"Ruby...you need to stop this," She said.

"Don't try to stop me Weiss," I growled. "You'll only waist your time."

"The least I can do as your friend...as your lover, is to stall you from making a horrible decision," she said. Her eyes were pleading, begging me to reconsider.

"My mind is set," I looked away. "I will have my vengeance for Red."

"Since when did you become a woman of vengeance?!" she shouted.

I looked at her.

"Since when did you decide killing resolves anything?" tears were streaming from her eyes. "What happened to you?"

I clenched my fist.

"What happened to the Ruby I fell in love with...?" My eyes widened. "That childish and innocent girl...my little sweet rose..."

I backed away. Did she not love me anymore? Why? Since when? How could she not love me? I'm the same girl... No I'm not...

You defiled my conscience, you made me into a killer, so I will have no trouble sleeping for taking one more soul.

I will have no trouble sleeping for taking one more soul...

Those words... they're words of a killer... But I'm not a killer... I didn't kill those people... but they were by my hands. My conscience...it should be clear...but it's not... Why? Why?!

"I don't want to die!!"

"Say your prayers."

"Please don't kill me! I beg of you!"

Voices...voices in my head...

I grasped my head and screamed. Voices of all she killed... but I killed them too... I allowed her to kill them. I didn't fight back... I just allowed it... It was my fault.

My head hurt. Voices were in my head. I shut my eyes closed and open again wanting to see her reach for me. No they were bodies...bodies everywhere.

I looked at my hands and saw blood. I couldn't vomit... as much as I want to.

I heard another shot go off and turned around to see I had shot Yang. The gun was in my hand and I looked at her.

"Ruby?" She said. I dropped the gun and covered my mouth. "You'd kill your own sister?"

I turned around and ran. I tripped over something and found a sword in my hand that impaled something. I examined it and freaked when the sword was identified as Gambol Shroud.

"You lied to us..." I heard a familiar voice and dread to look at her. But I did. I saw Blake staring at me with eyes of hate. "You said you'd be responsible for the team...that you couldn't let us die... you lied. You not only lied, you killed me..."

"Why Ruby?" I jumped off Blake and saw Yang walking towards me...the gun shot wound was bleeding heavily and she looked pale. "Why did you kill us?"

I backed into something and saw the face of a mother and father I had orphaned their child. Then another...a druglord with a family. His son was only two... I killed his father. Then a wealthy business man, he was recently married.

More faces of all my victims... All I did was cower in fear. I felt a sharp pain in my chest and turned around see Blake had stabbed me with her sword. Yang walked up behind me and punched the sword through my body.

One of them caught it and started stabbing me with it. The rest of them stomped on me. My head, my arms, my legs... my chest wound was kicked repeatedly...

The pain was too much...when I saw reality again... I grabbed Crescent Rose... aimed at the bottom of my head and fired.