Chapter 17: Search continues

Blake's POV:

Although I was happy with Velvet and Cocoa back together, it had crushed Yang knowing that it wasn't her little sister. I sat next to her as she kept muttering 'What if she's dead? What if it was a lie? What if I lie to myself?'

Normally both Ruby and I would calm her down together. But with her...gone, this wouldn't be easy.

I held her. Allowing her to cry on me. The second girl to cry on me today. But I didn't mind. They were family after all.

"Yang, we'll find her," I said, comforting her. "I promise."

"We won't... everyone... all we found... its not her..." She said.

"Look, I know it's hard to take on your sister being an abductor, but we'll find the truth," I hug her. I could feel her heart broken. I felt her emotionally crumbling and felt the urge to cry with her. "We'll find her."

We hugged for a few minutes. Yang spoke. "Hey Blake, I'm sorry about what I said... last week... when I said you weren't apart of Team RWBY."

My eyes widened.

"It was at the bar when we captured Neo... while drinking," she wiped her tears. "Everything from last year hit me...hard." she said. I felt her hold me tighter. "Everything, from Ruby's eighteenth birthday to Scepter..."

I looked at her. She was crying again. Pain, remorse, they were evident in her eyes. "Ruby's death was one of the ones that hit me hard...but, what I said to you..." She broke down on me. "When I said...you weren't apart of RWBY...it hit me the hardest... What I had said to you..."

She kept crying. I brought her to a kiss. She tensed up, then relaxed and I felt her kiss back. We kissed for a while. When we broke away, we stared deeply into each other's eyes.

Cliche. I know. Although I felt it was stupid but...oh well. There were a lot of emotions going around today.

"Yang, we'll get her back, I promise," I said. I had always kept my promises to her. She nodded.

The next day, Fox and Yatsuhashi had returned to Beacon. Team CFVY had came back together. But seeing right now whatever can happen was a matter of security. We split off on our search. CFVY had kept watch over Beacon in case Little Red Riding Hood decided to drop by. JNPR spread out on the North of Vale and we covered the South.

As I arrived at Downtown Vale, I thought about my dream earlier last week. It had bothered my a bit. That I may have been the reason that Ruby's alive. The dream, it felt like a memory. And I felt memories like that haunt me. The same way they attack Neo. I shook that aside and looked at the docks.

Memories had come back to me of that day. Ruby complaining about the docks, Sun being a stowaway, running into Penny, my arguement with Weiss. Good times. I walked past an alley.

After passing it a few feet, someone came out of it. I took a quick peak. Tall, well built. Obviously a man. I led him to an alley and drew Gambol Shroud.

He made his appearance and I charged at him. He pulled out twin tonfas and blocked both my swords. When I got a look at him, I was shocked.

"Sun..." Before I knew it, tonfas became nun chucks, and two ends hit and knocked me out.