Chapter 40: Time to Say Goodbye

It had been a week since the battle in Atlas. Team JNPR had taken the task to search the four kingdoms for any remaining White Fang activity and to terminate it.

Team CFVY's Cocoa and Velvet went on a getaway vacation together in Mystril.

Team KACY's members had survived despite their gruesome and deadly wounds inflicted on them.

Team SSSN returned to Mystril and continued to do whatever they usually do.

As for Team RWBY, they had disbanded and went their separate ways. Yang had went about onto her dream as a huntress, to explore Remnant to seek for thrills and adventures. Blake and Weiss resigned as a huntress.

Blake had became an instructor for the Vale rehabilitation center to help those who had still suffered through traumas and racial persecution between human and faunus as well as a teacher in Beacon to help train huntsman and huntress to come.

Weiss had taken up the position as CEO of the Schnee Dust Company when her sister Winter declined the position and had become rather busy in her line of work.

Ruby had made a tombstone next to her mother's in memory of Red and began going around Vale to find the children she and Blake had orphaned and the women they had widowed so that they could make amends.

Taiyang and Raven was apparently having another child to both Yang and Ruby's surprise. Apparently Qrow and Winter had successfully hid a daughter from the world for two years. Even Glynda noticed something suspicous about them two. Weiss sighed as she realized she was now an Aunt. Juniper stayed in Vale to treat those caught in the cross fire with the battle at Beacon before returning to her tavern.

-

Ruby went to the main building of the SDC. "Hi Martha!"

The receptionist looked up and saw the cheery rose girl wave at her. She smiled and dialed Weiss's main office. "Ms. Schnee, Ms. Rose is here for you."

Thank you Martha, send her...

"Hi Weiss!!" Ruby yelled into the phone.

Ruby... just get up here...

Martha smiled and laughed a little. Ruby skipped to the elevator and clicked the top button leading to Weiss's office.

As soon as the elevator door closed, she had a deep exhale and leaned on the wall. Her hand was shaking. She wiped the tears off her face and took a minute to regain her composure.

After taking a few deep breaths, she reached her floor. The elevator door opened, Weiss stood by her desk.

"Hey Weiss," she greeted, smiling. Weiss had always adored that of her.

"Ruby," she smiled back. She went to her and hugged her, then yawned. "Damn...I'm exhausted."

"Being the CEO of your family company does keep you busy Ice Queen," Ruby said.

"Hey..." Weiss pouted but disregarded it. She felt herself recharge holding her beloved. She also knew what happened just minutes prior and held Ruby's hand.

Ruby looked down. Her composure wasn't as regained as she wanted it to.

"Hey..." she held her cheek. "We beat the bad guys. We won."

Ruby nodded. "I... I know..."

Weiss smiled and kissed her deeply. "I'm here for you. You know that right?"

Ruby smiled and held her close. "I know, and I'm happy I have you."

And the finale of this story had come to an end. The hero of the book had fulfill her mission... once again.

Fin