Chapter 19: The Black Rose

Jaune's POV:

I drew Noah Arc, ready to fight Hypno-Ruby. I saw in her eyes, they weren't their normal silver color. Rather empty black.

"Ruby...don't do this," I warned. She aimed her sniper scythe at me and fired. I blocked it with my shield, but the impact still sent me flying. I hit the desk counter and Nora used her grenade launcher to give us cover. Pink smoke filled the room. I heard rapid gun fire coming from Ren's weapons as well as the powerful sniper scythe blast.

When the smoke cleared out, Ren was being held by the head as he was badly injured.

"Ren..." Nora had became unstable. She could never stand to see Ren hurt. "You... you traitorous bitch!!"

That seem to have some effect on Ruby. She flinched and dropped Ren. Disoriented, she held onto her head. But clearly Nora was unconvinced, but I saw her eyes flicker silver. Nora charged at Ruby.

"Nora wait!!" I tried to stop me. She screamed and was about to smash Ruby. I ran to her and gun shot went off.

I stopped in place. Nora flew to the side, completely missing her target. We stared at who had been shot. As Nora had gotten at close enough range, Ruby had fired a shot aimed for her, only to have missed her target and hit a new one. Lie Ren was shot in the chest, punctured his heart. He collapsed and spewed blood.

We were all in shock. Especially Ruby. She had stared at Ren, half crying. One of her eye was as it's usual silver. She dropped Crescent Rose and took a step back. Taking it to his advantage, he aimed his gun at her and fired. It had missed her a bit, but a bullet shot a scratch at her. He dropped the gun and fell to his side.

Nora had screamed in rage and slammed her hammer, full force at Ruby, sending her miles away...or so we thought. An after image was thrown and faded away as she sped passed us, past me, she was in front of Pyrrha, a new weapon had emerged. A double-sided scythe. They fought. I rushed in to support her but as my blade made contact with Ruby's hood, she vanished.

I was knocked down and out.

When I woke. Ren was up, possibly with the help of Juniper, but they both cried over a body. Walking to the body, we saw a dying Juniper Nikos. Anger had consumed me. I looked around for Pyrrha and found her weapons, destroyed at the entrance of town. Trail marks were fading but still present.

I balled my fist. I'm sorry Yang. I don't care if she's your sister...but when I see Ruby, I will make her suffer.