Chapter 29: Goodbye

Ruby's POV:

I gasped as I suddenly awoken. I thought I had died remembering that wound that was deeply slashed into me. "Blake!!"

I was about to move when someone or someones held me down. I looked around and saw my sister and my snow angel.

"Whoa there kid," I looked up and saw my uncle Qrow crouching in front of me. "Your cat friends alright."

Yang growled. Uncle Qrow shrugged it off. "How are you feeling sweetheart?"

I smiled as I saw my dad next to Yang.

"Back from the dead," I said half joking. "Again."

"Welcome back little sister," Yang hugged me a little too hard.

"I can see you haven't changed a bit the time I was gone..." I said in a strained voice. She let me go. "Besides the drinking part."

"What?" both Dad and... Raven... Mom... what do I call her? Whatever.

"When did little Blondie take up drinking?" Uncle Qrow slurred before getting smacked in the back of the head by...

"Winter?" I said. I looked at her and Uncle Qrow.

"The knowledge in this group stays in this group," she said sternly. She was wearing a dress made of ice. Why? The hell happened to her? How did she do that?

"Ok...got it..." I said. Then felt shame. "Guys...I'm so sorry for all the trouble I've caused you and-..."

I was cut off. Blake's hand went on my shoulder. "It's not your fault Ruby, it's mine...I was the one who sold you to...him..."

"If anything, the only person here responsible for the recent mayhem is Adam Taurus himself, he abducted Ms. Belladonna, forced her to dig you out for your resurrection having you murder innocents and..." I cut Mom... Raven... dammit... I cut her off.

"But it wasn't me," I said. "It was...Red..."

I had realized I couldn't hear her. I held my head and concentrate.

Red! Where are you?!

"Ruby?" that was her. She sounded weak.

I guess I passed out real time, because I found myself walking in my old house and found her in my...old bed.

"Red?" I walked to her. She looked like me when I was little.

"Hey Ruby..." her voice was...shaking. Like she was losing it.

"What's happening to you?" I said shaking. Something was wrong.

"I saved you..." she said coughing a bit. "In a nick of time..."

"What do you mean?" I felt a sense of dread within me.

"Lift the blanket..."

I did. As I did, my eyes widen and I covered my mouth. What was suppose to happen to me...it was... "The mind dies with the body... but there's two of us... So even if I die...you'll still live."

"Wha- Why- Why would you do this?" I looked at her.

"This isn't my body..." she said. She coughed a bit and coughed out blood. "Besides... One of us has to die anyway..."

"What...what are you talking about?"

"Remember th-that one book Blake said?" her speech was starting to fail. She was stuttering. "A-about a...man wi-with...two souls? Both fighting d...dominace for h-his body?"

I nodded.

"It's a story based off the psychological after effects of hypnotism..."

"What?" Immediately I knew. "But..."

"Ruby...we both know two minds can't have one body without fighting for it...and we can't share it either... otherwise we both die..." Red's eyes, from her...brown eyes I guess, started fading slowly. "Like that other soul mind put in Blake she died when Blake fought her out."

She coughed a bit. "Just like her, I shouldn't have been alive."

"But you are! And you can't die now!!" I hugged her. She winced and somehow I also felt her agony. I let her go and we both breathed heavily. "You can't die Red..."

"If I don't...we both do," she put her hand on my face. "The both of us can't die..."

"It's not fair..." I cried.

"No...it isn't..." she smiled. Her eyes were almost empty. "But you have a family...you have Yang...and Weiss..."

"They're your family too!!!" I shouted. "Yang's your sister too..."

"I wasn't even born Ruby...I was forged...into you...I made so many widows and parentless children...I was willing to die to repent..." she said. "But you helped me...the past day you've helped me through so much..."

"Red, please don't die," I begged and cried.

"Thank you Ruby..." I felt her aura fading. I held onto her hand. "Goodbye... sister..."

I felt her hand go limp and was shattered. This wasn't fair... I didn't want to lose another freind...another family... I resembled my mother, I resemble Red... and they're both dead. And I'm suppose to be the one...

I heard voices calling me back. But ignored them. Then my world was being shaken. The house collapsed and Red and I...we fell into the void.