Chapter 21: Splitting Personality

Red's POV:

I dropped the Nikos girl and stumbled into a tree. My head was killing me. That bitch with the hammer... Who is she? Everyone I face, they see me, with so much recognition. That bimbo, the girl I was sent to kill, and I failed, twice... Scars from whiplashes I got as punishment stills hurts to this day.

You'll lose... That voice in my head.

"Who are you?!!" I shouted. "Get out of my head!!"

You've hurt friends close to me. I'll never forgive you. I had trouble breathing. It was like someone was strangling me. It was... my aura... shaped as... me.

I broke out of its grip and punched it, breaking my hand as it came in contact with the tree. The figure disappeared.

As I thought it was gone, it got worse.

Give me my body back!! It screamed in my head. I screamed in agony.

"This is my body!!" I cried desperately. I reached for the syringe in my belt. A formula that could help control my aura. Torchwick gave it to me when he found the source of my hesitation. I tried to stick it in me, but I was stopped, held back, by my own body... "This is my body...!"

Tears flew out of my eyes. I wanted this to stop. This thing... this other me... I want her out. Out of my head...out of my life. It hurt so much...

I felt tension leave my muscles and the syringe shook in my hand. I had to cover more ground. I had to reach my rendezvous point. If I injected myself now, I wouldn't be able to use my semblance. I put the syringe away and picked up my captive. I sped away covering more ground. I knew that blonde boy would come for her.

Three months ago...

I was being beaten. Why? Because he enjoyed it. I was betrayed. The man who spoke kind words to me...he lied to me. Now that I think of it, was he my friend? If he was, he'd know my name when he first saw me. He didn't have to call me Red.

I was so stupid. I was so scared. I didn't think that he could be an enemy... I was so gullible...so naive. I was nothing more than a helpless girl afraid of being alone.

The beating stopped and I breathed heavily. I thought he was done.

"Well, that'll conclude the hate I have for you today," he said. I looked at him. Roman Torchwick, the famous criminal.

Two animal men took me away and threw me into my cell. I just wanted to die. Or maybe I was already dead...

He's been saying that...everyday. I was someone...named...Ruby? What kind of name was that?

Everyday my health would get worse. I could tell my wounds were infected, because they hurt immensly when I try to move. I could hardly stand or eat. I just wanted to die...

Later on the same animal men took me to a room. There was a lot of knifes and syringes. I freaked. I was in so much pain already that I didn't want to go through more... Especcially blades.

They strapped me down and one animal girl had a syringe. They covered my mouth as I tried to scream. When they injected me, my body went numb, I lost consciousness.

When I woke, I felt better, but I was in bed with tubes in me again.

He came in and I panicked. That...machine, it's rhythmic beats increased. He smiled.

"Oh, how you were so much to deal with in the past. You know Red, you really are more manageable without that over sized guarding tool of yours," he said. The way he talks to me, it was like we had a bad history together...but I didn't know the man. "Seeing that your lousy little life is mine now, I'll make you a deal, if you kill a specific someone, I'll stop beating you. You want that right?"

I didn't want to kill anyone. I wanted to stop being hurt.

"You have five seconds to answer the question," he said. I panicked. "Three...two...one..."

"Please...there has to be something else!!!" I begged. "I don't want to kill anyone..."

He growled and marched to me. He choked me. By then I just snapped. I broke his arm with such skill I didn't know I possess.

He stumbled back words, then grabbed his cane and smacked me so hard...

I woke up in cold sweat. I had passed out at my rendezvous point. I saw the Nikos girl was gone and panicked. I was gonna be punished for this.

I couldn't move. My body was frozen. I heard steps walk in front of me and the Nikos girl was now in front of me.

"I can't believe you Ruby..." again...with that name. "What have you become? What have you done with that happy, childish girl I knew to be my friend?"

"I don't know what your talking about..." I struggle to move. "But I'm my own person dammit..."

"No your not," she said. "She was killed. And you, you're nothing more than a living corpse that should be disposed of."

I heard my scythe being picked up and loaded. She was about to kill me... I was so scared... I didn't want to die...

Die... The voice is back. Die so I can rest in peace...

"I'm sorry..." I said. Pyrrha stopped and the voice paused. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."

I could move again. Instead of running, I curled into a ball, sobbing... "I don't want to die, and I'm my own person."

I heard my weapon being lowered.

"I don't know what happened...but I don't want to die..." I begged. Thats all I was reduced to...begging. "When I woke up, I was alone...I had no family...no friends...but someone reached out to me...he told me he was my friend...and I trusted him...I was alone...and he found me..."

"But still, you're not her...so you must be eliminated," Nikos said. I heard my gun being aimed at me.

"Pyrrha wait..." Wait...that wasn't me. My voice, it echoed with another person's speech. I had lost control of my own body and was facing the Nikos girl. "Don't kill her."

"Ruby..."