Chapter 8: Red Like Roses

Three months ago...

Red's POV:

I had awoken. As I examine my surroundings, I was afraid, afraid of this foreign environment. There were tubes within my body and machines everywhere.

Where am I? I? I am...I am...

Frustration had waved over me as I struggle to remember my name. I couldn't remember who I was. Was it amnesia?

Clearly if I know such term as amnesia, then I know I am fully aware of basic knowledge of this area. But I didn't. I could tell a machine but not it's function.

I held my leg in fear and felt my heart racing. As it did, loud, high pitch noises had began screeching from one of the machines. My fear had increased and the pitch pattern had increase speed.

A man came dressed in a strange red and black suit came in and calmed me down. I noticed a rose in his suit pocket and immediately the prescence of that flower had calmed me.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

I nodded. I was still afraid.

"Can you tell me your name?" he asked.

I open my mouth. Then closed it as no sound came out. What was my name?

"You don't remember?"

I shook my head and stared at the rose. He noticed and hand it too me. It was freshly plucked. I smelled the scent of the flower.

"How about I call you something?" he said. I looked at him. I was assuming that if I couldn't remember my original name, I would have to be satisfied with something else. "How about... Red?"

I smiled as the name had seem to fit my liking. Another person, a woman wearing a full blue outfit. "Oh...you're awake?"

I nodded.

"You've been unconscious for a week now. Can you tell me you're name?" she asked.

"R...Red..." I said hesitantly.

"Alright Red, let me call the doctor," and then she left. I looked at the man.

"What's your name?" I asked him.

"My name is..." he faltered. I wondered if he had suffered amnesia recently too, but from his expression, I knew that it was something else.

"It's ok...you can tell me later," I said. A man came in. He was also dressed in blue but had a white coat with some capsules sticking out of his pocket and holding a board with paper on it.

"So. Red," he said. "That's your name correct."

I nodded. It wasn't my name but I had no choice but to use it.

"Well it's good you remember so we wouldn't have to call you Jean Doe 427."

I was confused. He looked at the man in the suit.

"And you are?"

"I'm just a friend of her's Doctor," he said. Friend? Was he my friend? Is he my friend? Were we friends before my amnesia?

"Very well. In that case I would have to inform her family that she is awake," the doctor said.

"That's the thing sir...she doesn't have any family."

"Oh...in that case I will inform you she will be discharged within the hour."

"Thank you sir," I saw him smile. Which made me feel funny. Did I know him?

After some time I was reclothed with a red dress and a long black coat with a hood. I had blushed at my outfit as it seem like something I wasn't comfortable wearing.

"Don't like your clothing?" my...friend asked. I shook my head. I didn't know if I like this dress in the past but I certainly don't like it now. "Come on, let's get you a new outfit."

We had entered a building full of clothing and I was in awe. There were so many selections of clothing and immediately without thinking, I examined every clothing there. My choice of clothing fell into a pair of black jeans, a red t-shirt, and a black hoodie. My choice of shoes were some black strap boots.

When we... he paid for it, had switched from my current dress to my new one. I felt very happy with my new outfit and was really cheerful.

Later in my stomach had growled and I realised I had no money on me and that everything I have was paid by him. I look down.

"How about you come to my home? Maybe you can stay for dinner?

I looked happily at him and smiled.

We went to a big old, creepy building and I felt a big scared. "Its ok, I don't really feel like feeling like repairing the exterior of the building."

I held his hand till we entered inside the building. Inside was much different. There was expensive artifacts and some family heirlooms within. I stayed as far away from anything expensive that looked easily breakable.

While making dinner. I sat down patiently trying to remember myself. But all I could think of was Red Rose. I was so frustrated I felt myself crying a bit.

"Dinners ready," he said as he set down a plate of meat I assumed it was cow cooked in some way. I stared at my meal. "What's wrong?"

"It's just...you've done so much for me...and I just think that I'm just extra baggage to you..." I said worrying.

"Red, it's ok. You may not remember but we're friends, and friends look out for each other," he said. "Now come on, eat up before it gets cold."

I happily comply and ate my meal fast. I sighed. "That was so good."

He smiled. "I'm glad you liked it."

My vision started to dim. "Wha...?"

Instantly I passed out. I didn't know how long, but when I woke, a splash of cold water had hit my face and entire body. I shrieked. It was cold.

I looked around and saw that I was in a basement, and both my hands were chained. The door open and the one that came descending was a man in a red and black suit identical to his. He wore a mask that covered the upper half of his face. And standing before me was the one I called my friend.