Chapter 38: Time to Settle a Score

Yang's POV:

We comforted Ruby and waited for her to be calm. Some form of seismic wave along with a sound of an explosion came out of no where. Team RWBY and JNPR went to investigate. Weiss directed us to where she suspected the sound of the explosion. We came across a window to the outside. There was smoke coming from the other side of the area. I felt a tingle in my chest and ran ahead.

"Yang!!" Ruby shouted. "Wait!!"

They chased after me. A few White Fang men was in my way and I jumped over them. Nora hammered them down. I kept ducking and dodging them and ran down flights of stairs. Another explosion came from the other building as I entered a courtyard which seems interesting there is one in a dust factory. Ruby caught up to me, picked me up, and sped us toward the bulding.

When we got to our destination, in front of us was our father with cuts and scratches charging at Adam Taurus. He ducked under his blade and his fist met Adam's armored one. Dad's hand broke instantly and was punched instantly. Mom stood up and held her sword. I looked around for her machine sheath and spot it.

"Yang!! Ruby!! Get out of here!!" she blocked a slash from Adam and was caught in a blade lock.

I ran towards him and shot blasts at him. Ruby charged at him and did speed runs at him. He caught up with her speed and sheathed his blade. I saw it charge up and knew what he was gonna do. Ruby was still in mid air and had no way of dodging.

"Ruby!!" I ran to her. Adam had pulled his sword out to attack Ruby, and the one who took the strike...was our father.

"Taiyang!!" Mom ran to him as he flew back.

"Dad..." I said. Ruby fought Adam. I ran to my parents and looked at Dad. "Dad?"

"Ow..." he said. I chuckled a bit, but I was hurting.

"Tai..." Mom held his hand.

"Well then..." he spat out blood and laughed. "Oh come on Raven, you know I've been through worse."

"You reckless idiot," she smiled while crying. "Summer was always there to take care of you."

I tried to hold my composure. I was failing. I felt his hand touch my cheek.

"Yang...I'm proud of you," he said with a sharp exhale. "You've grown up to be a strong woman. Take care of your mother and little sister you hear?"

I nodded. I cried. I couldn't lose another parent. "Dad..."

I watched as his eyes closed and his hand slipped away. Mom cried on him and I stood up. In time, I saw Ruby knocked onto the floor and her scythe almost beheading her. I close my eyes and let my rage run wild. When I opened, everything went red and I punched my fists together causing a flame to encircle around me, then charged at Adam Taurus with raging bloodlust.

I jumped at him and down burst him, he dodged it. When I punched the spot he was at, a hole to the floor below appeared. I ran at Taurus dodgeing a slash aimed for my head and punched him in the gut. He spat out, but he was much harder to kill unlike Sceptor. I felt a counter shock jolt into my body, electrocuting me. I screamed. So this is what it was like with Ruby...

He used his gun sheath to swat me away and Ruby jumped over me. She did multiple slash combos and was bloocked by his sword or his arm. I ran towards him slipped behind him and punched his spine. Normally it should've broke, but the counter shock hit me more and I felt more intense shock than before. I could feel my heart almost explode. He back slapped me away and kicked Ruby to the wall.

Mom stopped me. "Stop, if you keep hitting him, you'll only recieve a stronger recoil damage."

I tried to move but I somehow couldn't. Ruby was pinned and Mom charged at him. Taurus saw it coming and slashed at my mom, which she barely deflected. His attention was directed to her. I stumbled toward Ruby and saw her head was bleeding. She was out cold. I brought her to Dad and collapsed.

Adam was too strong, only suffered minor scratches and wounds. We couldn't hit anywhere critical. He attacked my Mom with a charged slash and she barely escaped it. I noticed after that attack, his movements were slight sluggish and there was a small static jolts barely visible and suddenly he was as swift as before. Immediately I knew what to do. I knew only two things to do. But I knew it was gonna be hard. But for my dad dammit...I was gonna settle a score for all the shit this guy put us all through.