Chapter 13: The Neopolitan...icecream

Neo's POV:

I ran. Just ran. But I couldn't out run them. Voices. Voices in my head. I saw faces. Faces of those I had killed. Killed out of hatred. Killed out of insanity. Killed...with pleasure.

These faces were all those I had deprived them from a life, a family, friends...all because it was fun...

It had never bothered me. I was happy with my life. I didn't care. But it was after I was abandoned by the White Fang, when I fought Cinder, she showed me what it was like to be afraid. Afraid to die. I saw everything from her eyes. Eyes similar to mine. Eyes that had enjoyed taking lives.

I was held at a choke hold when I felt it. The fear and remorse flowing into me. I looked at my employer, Roman Torchwick. Hoping he would interject. Give me a last chance despite my recent failures...but all he said..."You're a failure of a henchman."

Since that day I had been unable to sleep. My conscience was far from clear. Being reaped by all my victims. It had been unbearable.

I remembered someone. The faunus girl in Beacon. The one apart of RWBY, she was like me once...no...she wasn't...yet she had taken lives and every night she sleeps soundly. What had allowed her to do so? What gave her the luxury to enjoy sleep while I must suffer. It was unfair.

She was strong. Much stronger than me. I could not take her. But she must die.

I had heard her leader had died three months. I knew she would be in a state of devistation. I tracked her down and confronted her.

She said something. I didn't know what. I didn't want to hear her. I just wanted her dead. I drew my blade and attacked her.

I must have been sloppy. Because before I knew it, I was laying on my back with both mine and her blade at my throat.

She looked at me. I could feel her stare into me. I could tell she knew my desire. I had wanted her killed, or myself, dead.

Instead, she hugged me, speaking kind words to me. Words I had never heard anyone say to me. She taught me to be good, to help people. For the first time in my life, I had found a new, reasonable purpose; to help people and fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.

For the first time, with her help, I had the most peaceful sleep in so long. I had owe her my life.

There had been times where they would come back to haunt me, but she was there to protect me, to give me warm embrace.

It was until one day they had all came back, and she wasn't there to protect me. I was in pain...so much pain. I just wanted to embrace me once more...

Yang's POV:

I woke up and had no memories of what happened whatsoever. All I had was a massive headache and a serious urge to vomit. And I did. Rushing to the restroom I let everything out. The fact I was the dorm restroom must mean mission complete. I felt arms around my waist and looked back. Blake had hugged me from behind with half-sad eyes.

I pet her ears. "Did we get her?"

She shook her head and let go. "It was a decoy. Who we got is Neo."

Neo? Neopolitan? That weird ice cream girl that was abandoned by the White Fang? "Where is she now?"

"Down stairs in the infirmary."

I flushed the toilet, rinsed my mouth in mouth wash, and went down. When we got there, everyone else down there were waiting.

"She hasn't spoken," Jaune said. I looked at Neo's eyes. They were black. Which was very unusual because last I saw, they were pink and brown.

I walk up to her and lift her chin up. Then I let her go and watched her head bobbed down. It was amusing. I snapped my fingers at her, she had no reaction.

"The hell?" I was really confused. "She seems out of it."

Blake handed me a cup of coffee and I sip it. She knelt in front of her and spoke to her.

"Neo. You there? Its me Blake," still no reaction. I know she and Neo had been partners being a hit woman and all, but the way she seems so familiar speaking with her kind of ticked me off.

The next few days we couldn't get her to speak. We had to force feed her...change her. It was like taking care of an over aged baby.

One night Blake just stopped talking midsentence in our conversation, getting Neo to talk. Then she said something that none of us got. "Neopolitan..."

"Um...what?" Jaune and his famous "um what" statements.

"Her names Neopolitan..."

"Yeah, we know that cat lady," Nora said. I shot a glare at her. Only I can call my kitty cat a cat.

"She was named after that ice cream," she said.

"So what does that have to do with anything?"

She was thinking in her usual staring blankly at something pose and just got out of the bed and ran down stairs to the super market. I went down and I'm guessing she super speed it because when she came home, she was holding a possibly stolen tub of neapolitan ice cream.

"What?" Now I was really confused. She grabbed a spoon and we went to the infirmary. Eveyone did. We watched her.

"Every time she had night frights from sudden triggers of PTSD, I would give her ice cream to calm her down," Blake scooped a spoon and force fed Neo. To all our surprise, she actually respond. Her eyes went back to her usual pink and brown and started crying. Ren untied her and Neo just hugged Blake as she fed her ice cream.

I looked at her. "Blake have you been cheating on me?"