Chapter 4: The Team

Yang woke up from hunger. Blake was asleep on the couch and there was food placed in front of her. She dug in and and later remembered last night.

Blake woke up a few minutes later and stretched like a cat. Completely unaware that Yang was watching and had forgotten the fact she was in a hospital.

"Morning Kitty Cat," Yang said, smirking.

Blake yelped and fell off the couch. "Please don't tell anyone about that."

"Sure," Yang wasn't really going to anyway. Blake went to her and they both shared a kiss. "When was the last time we kissed..."

They stayed silent. Finally Blake spoke up. "So Ruby's alive..."

"I think so. I don't know how, but I was so sure that it was her..." Yang tried to think. "We need to tell Weiss."

Blake handed Yang her scroll. She extended it into tablet mode and requested a video conference with Weiss.

Back at the hospital, the security guards had set up a scroll in front of Weiss. When the connection went through, all Yang saw was Weiss expressionless face. Blake looked away unable to face her old friend in her current state.

"Weiss? Can you here me?" Yang asked. She got no reply. "Look...Weiss, it's about Ruby..."

This time Weiss's expression began to become unstable.

"We...well, I think she's alive," Yang had hoped for the best. Weiss's face had indeed changed.

"W-what?" it was her first word in four months. Well, first word other than Ruby.

"I don't know how...but I saw her, and she put me in the hospital," she said.

Weiss was completely confused when the words "put to hospital" came out.

"W-why?" Weiss needed answers. Why Ruby did what she did? If in fact it was Ruby, and what the hell is going on.

"I don't know, she was wearing a green hooded cape carrying Emerald's guns..."

"Wait, Emerald Sustrai?" Weiss cut her off. "From the White Fang?"

"Yeah, her," Yang reposition herself. "She used her guns exactly like Emerald."

"And almost killed Yang..." Blake cut in. "Until she spoke."

"What happened then?" Weiss asked.

"I hugged Ruby, she shot me in panic. I looked into her eyes and it was like, she didn't know me, but I was still able to reach out for her. Or something like that," Yang said. "Look, we need to find her. There's something not right about her and we need to find answers. Weiss, just pretend to act emotionless for a while. When it's time for a break out, I'll send you a sign."

The conference call ended. Yang had gotten herself discharged from the hospital two days later with the help of her aura. She went through a little rehab and checked into the club asking a long leave. Junior didn't mind as long as she doesn't die. Apparently business had grown exponentially when she became head security and feared what would happen if she was gone. Maybe a gang attack.

Blake had sent Weiss the sign; a rose in a box shaped as Yang's crest on her shirt. The next day, Weiss had snuck out of the hospital and the three of them, knowing each other, met up at their favorite hide out. The old Beacon Academy dorms, specifically their old room.

"Now that we have most of the team back, now we need to rehabilitate." Yang said.

"I-I h-handn't m-moved in f-four months, a-and I got out no problem..."

"Clearly haven't spoken in four months too, other wise you wouldn't be stu-stuttering," Blake said. Both Yang and Blake giggled at Weiss's embarrassment.

"Sh-shut up!!"

"Well then, we start training tomorrow," Yang said. And the other two nodded their heads.

Ruby... Yang thought. I will find out what happened to you...