Chapter 2

It didn't take too long to reach the Uchiha compound. She noted how it seemed somewhat isolated from the rest of the village. The ANBU led her through the village, paying no attention to the weird looks the two were receiving. At least she didn't think he cared that they were being stared at for the mask covered his face.

"I should have changed into something else before I left home," Kagome thought as she felt the stares of the people around. She also saw people whispering among themselves and glancing in her direction. Kagome sighed. She should be used to it by now. Traveling through the Feudal era with a Monk, a Half-demon, a fox demon, and a demon slayer, many people would gossip. Things such as: 'Isn't she a priestess? Shouldn't she purify those demons?' Kagome shook her head.

The Shikon was complete. Miroku and Sango married, Shippo had found a local girl in Kaedas village and Inuyasha... had gone to hell with Kikyo, leaving her all alone. She served no purpose in the Feudal Era no more. Even the Shikon was gone; she had wished for its existence to disappear forever.

"We've arrived," the ANBU spoke. Kagome nodded as he stepped onto the porch and knocked. A few moments later the door swung open to reveal Mikoto Uchiha.

"Kagome! Come in dear!" The woman ushered her inside,"Thank you for bringing her here!"

"Not a problem Mrs. Uchiha. I will come by for her early in the morning," the ANBU explained.

"Itachi will escort her instead. He's going to see lord hokage anyways. Make sure you inform the Hokage of the small change." He nodded.  Mikoto smiled and closed the door after he had disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

"Let's get you settled into your room. Itachi isn't here at the moment. He'll be here before dinner. Sasuke is at the academy and should be arriving within the hour and my husband is working," Mikoto explained as she led Kagome to her room.

"Itachis room is to the left, and Sasukes is to the right. Mine and Fugakus is across the hall. The bathroom is at the end of the hallway. I'll let you get settled in and later we can go out and gather the things you need for your room and wardrobe. Kagome held back a giggle. Mikoto sure loved to talk a lot.

"Thank you for taking me in Mrs. Uchiha!" Kagome bowed.

"Oh, please call me Mikoto or you can call me mom! I've always wanted a girl!" she smiled as Kagome stood straight up. The room was simple. The walls were plain white, a desk in the corner of the room and a twin sized bed against the wall.

"I know it's not anything special because it used to be the guest room. You can decorate anyway you like." she said.

"Thanks again," Kagome set her giant yellow backpack on the bed.

"Come downstairs for some tea, my dear. Sasuke will be home any minute now," Kagome nodded and followed the woman into the Kitchen. She sat down at the table and watched Mikoto prepare the tea and cookies. She hummed as she cooked and Kagome couldn't help but smile at the woman. When the tea was done, she prepared three cups and sat at the table.

As if on cue Kagome heard the door open,"Mom, I'm home!"

"In the kitchen, dear!" Mikoto called through the house. Small footsteps rushed into the Kitchen. Kagome stared wide eyed at the young boy.

"Oh... My... God! He's so CUTE!" Kagome mentally screamed as she watched the young boy pull out a chair beside his mother.

"Sasuke, this is Kagome, Kagome this is my youngest Sasuke. She'll be staying with us for awhile," Mikoto introduced. Sasuke gave Kagome a bright smile. Kagome nearly fell out of her chair. He radiated happiness.