Chapter 7

News of Kagomes victory of Kakashi Hatake, quickly spread through the village. Of course Kakashi was given hell by his rival Gai. Those in the Uchiha compound began to see the girl who they thought was weak and defenseless, in an entire new light.

In fact Itachi was feeling rather annoyed at all the looks the guys were giving her.

"Itachi!" A voice called from down the street. The two turned to see a boy around the same of Itachi approach them.

"Shisui. How was your mission?" Itachi asked.

"It was a success!" He grinned at his best friend. He looked to Itachis left to see Kagome standing there. "Who's she?"

"Oh, this is Kagome. She is staying with us for a little while," Itachi smiled. "Kagome this is Shisui Uchiha. My best friend."

"Nice to meet you Shisui!" Kagome flashed him a smile.

"There's been a rumor going around saying a girl named Kagome beat Kakashi Hatake in battle, was that you?" he asked.

"Yes. It was." Kagome said.

"Where are you guys headed?"

"Ah Kagome is new around here. She came from a non-ninja village. I'm taking her to the Hyuga's." he informed.

"Mind if I tag along?"

"Not at all. Come on," Itachi began to walk in the direction of where the Hyuga's lived. Kagome walked in between both boys.

"Shisui," he looked down at the woman, "Do you also have the sharingan?"

Shisui eyes flickered to Itachi before returning to Kagome. "Yes. I do. Itachi's father also has the Sharingan."

"He does?! Itachi how come you didn't tell me this!" Kagome looked at Itachi who smiled.

"I didn't think it mattered." Kagome crossed her arms and puffed her cheeks out. Shisui blushed and looked away from her pouting form.

Itachi and Shisui chatted with one another as Kagome lost herself in her thoughts.

"Now that I think about it.... how DID I end up here?" Kagome thought long and hard about this for a long time.

Then it clicked and she stopped in her tracks.

"Kagome...?" Shisui stopped along with Itachi.

~Flashback~

Kagome was getting ready for bed. Shippo was curled in her lap. Sango and Miroku were already wrapped in each others, fast asleep. Inuyasha no where in sight.

She gently set Shippo down in the sleeping bag and walked into the further into the forest. Then she spotted the Kikyo's soul stealers and instantly got a bad feeling.

Kagome bit her lip as she followed the soul stealer. She came across a scene she wished she never saw. There in the middle of the clearing was Inuyasha wrapped in a loving embrace with Kikyo.

"Kikyo..." he whispered into her hair.

"Oh Inuyasha. Why do you have to leave me?" she asked him.

"I have to defeat Naraku and gather all the shards," he replied

"Inuyasha. What do you feel for my reincarnation?" Kikyo questioned, looking deeply into his amber eyes.

"Kikyo. She is nothing compared to you. I love you, no one else. Once the jewel is complete, I will go to hell with you and she will return home," he leaned down and kissed the woman he loved. Kagome had always thought they would end up together, but her dreams were shattered as she made her way back to the camp.

She gathered her things together, wiped the waterfall of tears, and slightly shook Sango awake.

"Mm Kagome?" she rubbed her eyes. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going home. Sorry to wake. Tell Inuyasha not to come for me," Sango nodded her head knowing exactly what happened. She laid back down and went to sleep.

She sat on the rim of the well and cried, her tears hitting the bottom. "I wish I could be with someone who will love me for me..." she whispered before slipping down into the well.

~End Flashback~

"That's right..." Kagome mumbled to herself. "He left me for someone else...."

The story she told Mikoto was half the truth....

Itachi and Shisui exchanged worried looks.

"Kagome," Itachi spoke softly. She looked up at him.

"Do you... Want to talk about it?" he asked.

"Talk about what?" she asked not realizing she spoken her thoughts outloud out loud.

"About the guy who left you for someone other girl," Shisui blurted.

Kagome's eyes widened and she blushed from embarrassment. "N-No! That's ok!" she protested. Usually she had Sango to talk to about this kind of thing.

She did want to talk about it...

"Liar," Shisui said.

"E-eh?"

"Your eyes say otherwise," He winked at her.

She finally gave in and the three were suddenly at the Dango stand, suggested by Itachi of course. She stared down at the untouched dango stick in her hand.

"Well?" Shisui glanced at the girl from the corner of his eye.

"I'm thinking of a place to begin," she grumbled. "Here Itachi." Kagome handed the dango stick to Itachi knowing his love for them.

"Thank you," he happily took it from her hand.

"Well for beginners, how about you tell us about this guy?"

Kagome looked to Itachi and then to Shusui. "Alright you two. I'm going to trust you with a secret and I swear if you tell a soul, I'll purify your ass."

Itachi, knowing exactly what she could do, stiffened and nodded. Shisui noticed his reaction and gulped. How powerful was this girl? He nodded anyways.

"The story would start on my 15th birthday," and so she told them about the well and it's powers and a little about her friends.

"So you lived in a world full of demons?" Shisui asked.

She nodded.

"And it was kill or be killed no matter where you went?" he asked again.

She nodded again.

"So what does this have to do about the guy leaving you for another woman?" he pressed.

Kagome sighed. "Well, his name was Inuyasha. We traveled together in search of the jewel I shattered. 50 years before I, he fell in love with another woman named Kikyo. However, she died after pinning him to the Goshinboku which is a God Tree. Anyways, soon after realizing my feelings for Inuyasha, Kikyo was revived. A demon revived her using half my soul cause I am her reincarnation. They began to meet in secret, I always found out about it though. He claimed he didn't have feelings for her, but he would always compare me to her, always go running off to her," Kagome felt the tears in her eyes and angrily wiped them away. "I was always second best... He saw Kikyo in me... Even though she was nothing more than an empty shell stealing other souls from people."

"Kagome..."Itachi stared at the girl in sympathy.

"I guess I knew the first time he went to see her that It wasn't meant to be. But I kept crawling back, hoping there was a chance. I was a fool." She sighed.

"This Inuyasha guy was the fool," Shisui spoke.

"What do you mean?" Kagome asked him.

He looked down at her and smiled. "He was an idiot for choosing a beautiful girl like you over another."

Kagome felt a blush rise to her cheeks they stared at each one another.