Chapter 3

After getting Kagome's, free, weapons, they went shopping for her bedroom. Kagome tried to pick out things that resembled her bedroom, but thought it would be best not to be reminded of home. She had a chance to start all over.

"Itachi, Kagome, Sasuke," Mikoto said. The three of you turned towards her. "I have to go home and prepare dinner. Finish up here and go get some clothing for Kagome. She's going to need them!" Mikoto handed Itachi a small pouch of money.

"Yes, mother," Itachi took the pouch of money from her hands and watched as his mother left. He turned to Kagome with a smile. "Ready to go?"

"Yes," she nodded and together the three of them walked to the store. Sasuke was asking Kagome all kinds of questions.

"Kagome, how old are you?" he asked.

"I am 17." she answered.

"What's your favorite food?"

"Ummm, Odon."

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

"No."

"Do you love someone?"

Kagome froze in her spot. Itachi looked back at her with curiosity.

Kagome's thought ran to Inuyasha. "Did I love him in the end?" she thought. She remembered all the times he ran off to Kikyo or confused her with Kikyo. She could never compare to Kikyo who was beautiful and skills.

"No..." she answered carefully.

And so, the question game continued. Itachi glanced at Kagome. She was smiling down at his younger brother, happily answering all of his questions.

"Itachi!" a high pitched scream called. Itachi visibly tensed and flinched at the high pitched voice, but put on a smile on his face as a woman approached him. Kagome blinked at the girl before her. She had straight blonde hair with bright green eyes.

"Hello,  Amari," he greeted her. The girl clung to his arm and blushed when she smiled at him.

"I was thinking we should go on a date tonight," she said the blush on her cheeks grew darker.

"I-I can't," he said looking away from her.

"Why?" she whined and gave him a pouty face.

"Because I'm shopping with Sasuke and Kagome," he explained. Her gaze zipped to Kagome's who raised an eyebrow when she suddenly glared at her.

She walked over to Kagome. "Are you Itachi's girlfriend?" she put her hands on her hips and glared up at Kagome seeing as how the girl was smaller than she was.

She looked at the stressed male. "What if I am?" Kagome crossed her arms over her chest.

She growled at Kagome and went to strike her. Kagome snatched her hand in her own and gave the blonde bimbo and fierce glare. "Just because Itachi happens to be handsome, doesn't mean he is a good person. For all you know he could be using his looks to his advantage and then turn around and kill you emotionally and mentally. Think about that next time you try to strike someone over him." She dropped her hand and grabbed Sasukes. "Lets go."

Itachi blinked. Never had a girl had said something like that about him. "Well, she is different," he thought.

"Whatever." she flipped her hair and winked at Itachi, "Maybe another time." And she left.

Kagome sighed and shook her head.

"Let's hurry and get you some clothes before father gets home," Itachi said. Sasuke took Kagome's hand and dragged her off to the store.

~Timeskip~

Kagome had bought three pairs of clothing suited for battle. While in the store, she nervously walked beside Itachi. All the guys there had been giving her unwanted attention since she had been wearing such a tiny skirt.

She was more than happy when Itachi came back to her with the new clothes he had payed for. She had quickly grabbed them and changed, feeling much better.

Now they were on their way home. "Mother, we're back!" Itachi called slipping off his shoes. Sasuke ran to the kitchen where his mother was at.

"Itachi bring Kagome in here please. Your father wishes to meet her," she called back. Itachi motioned for her to follow him through the house.

There at the table sat a stern looking man. His eyes watched Kagome's every move as he motioned for her to sit across from him.

"So you are Kagome that Mikoto speaks of," he eyed her skeptically.

"Y-yes sir," Kagome folded her hands in her lap and straighten her back.

"It was brought to my attention that you fight as well," he said.

"Yes, sir."

"How well are you able to fight? What rank are you?" Kagome stared at the man and looked to Itachi for a little help.

"Father, Kagome has only just arrived here in Konoha. She came from a non-ninja village yet she kept her skills in tack. Kakashi Hatake will be testing her skills tomorrow. The Hokage wished for her to get settled in," Itachi answered. She silently thanked the kind boy.

"Very well. What weapons do you use?" he sipped his tea, but his eyes never left her figure.

"A bow and arrow," she answered. He raised an eyebrow.

"Interesting..." he mumbled.

"Dear, Kagome got a free quiver of arrows from that old man in the weapon shop." Mikoto placed a hand on his shoulder.

"How did she manage to get something out of the stubborn man?" he asked.

"He put me through a test," Kagome spoke, "The targets he had set up in the back were tiny. He said if I got three bullseyes in a row, he would give me a free quiver of his finest arrow. Of course the target wasn't meant for three bullies, but I have a special... Power."

"Special power?"

"Yes." She hesitated, wondering if she should tell him. "Ah, what the hell." "I'm a priestess."

"A priestess you say?" Fugaku eyed the small girl as he sat the cup down. "Holy priestesses, the ones with the powers, died out long before you were born. Very few monks have holy powers now, but no priestesses. Only shrine maidens."

"Sasuke, mother, and I witnessed her power." Itachi spoke before she could say anything more.

"Yes, It was quite beautiful. I've never seen anything quite like it." Mikoto squeezed his shoulder lightly.  Kagome remained rooted to her chair, uttering not a word as Mikoto served the food. Itachi sat beside Kagome as Sasuke sat on her other side. They ate in silence, well, except with Sasuke telling his father and mother about his day at the academy.

After dinner Kagome helped Mikoto clean the kitchen. Mikoto protested at first saying that she had a busy day and was probably tired. Though Kagome didn't deny that she was exhausted, she helped anyway.

When she was done, Itachi showed her to her bedroom. In fact, while she was doing dishes with his mother, he and Sasuke had put her room together with the stuff they bought, leaving her clothes alone.

"Thank you Itachi! For everything," Kagome smiled at the handsome man standing in her doorway.

"Not a problem. If you need anything. I am right next door, Sasuke is on the other side and mother and father are right across the hall!" he said.

"Ok, thanks!"

"Good night, Kagome," Itachi pushed off the doorframe and went to his room. Kagome sighed and closed her door before slipping into bed.

She heard Mikoto and Fugaku come up not long after she crawled into bed. Mikoto opened the door to Itachi's room. It was silent. Then her door opened and Kagome closed her eyes, pretending to sleep. She felt Mikoto beside her.

"Good night, Kagome," she whispered before placing a kiss on her forehead. Much like what her mother used to do. Then Mikoto left to go to Sasuke's room where Kagome heard her sing him a lullaby and Kagome felt herself falling asleep to the soft tune.