Chapter 14

Itachi held Kagome close to his body as he returned to the others. Tenzo let out a sigh of relief, but Shisui was still freaking out.

"Is she dead? She's not dead! She can't be!" Shisui paced back and forth.

"Shisui, she's not dead. The rogue ninjas have been handled and we can go home. Kagome needs to be taken to the infirmary immediately!" Tenzo and the others agreed and took off at full speed back to the village. Kagome was still losing blood from her wounds and too much blood loss can result in death.

~Timeskip~

Kagome awoke a few days later in the hospital. When she opened her eyes, she saw a nurse beside her checking the papers. She glanced down at Kagome and smiled.

"You're awake." she said

"Yeah...." Kagome slowly sat up in her bed. "What happened?"

"Well," the nurse began pulling up an empty chair beside her. "Itachi burst into the hospital holding you in his arms. Another ANBU and Shisui was close behind. You were losing a lot of blood so we took you in and treated your wounds."

"Oh... Thanks." Kagome smiled at the women.

"No problem." Just then Kagome's stomach growled and she blushed a little. The nurse let out a giggle. "I'll bring you something to eat."

Kagome nodded and the nurse left the room. She let out a sigh and glanced out the window. It was then she noticed several bouquets of flowers beside her bed and a card next to the vases. Kagome reached for the card and opened it.

'We hope you get better!' it read. Kagome smiled. Sasuke, Mikoto, Shisui, Tenzo, the Hokage and even Fugaku had signed the card.

"Those two boys have been worried sick about you," the nurse spoke from the doorway. Kagome jumped a little, surprised by the sudden voice.

"Shisui and Itachi?" Kagome questioned.

The nurse nodded. "Yes. An hour before you woke up I had to send them home. They refused to leave your side." she approached Kagome's bed and put the tray of food on her lap.

"Thank you," Kagome mumbled before digging in.

"You want me to let Itachi and Shisui know you are awake?" she asked after a moment of silence.

"No!" Kagome quickly said.

"O-ok," she stared at the young girl in surprise.

"It's not like I don't want to see them. I'm just not ready to see them," Kagome whispered. Her face turned a light shade of red. "Especially Itachi..."

"I see. It's ok. You probably don't want them seeing you in such a condition," the nurse said.

"Actually, I'm fine. Thanks to your guys healing and my own healing abilities, the wound is most healed right now," Kagome smiled at her.

"Eh-eh? It would at least take another week for it to be completely healed!" The nurse exclaimed.

"I'm not trying to brag or anything, but my healing abilities exceed medic nin's healing abilities," Kagome explained.

"Now that you mention it, I do recall the Hokage telling us you were a priestess. After that I did some research on them..." she mused out loud, putting a finger to her bottom lip.

"Hey... Will you do me a favor?" Kagome asked, looking down at her now empty tray.

"Sure!"

"Will you have Fugaku Uchiha come here to the hospital...?" Kagome looked up at the shocked nurse through her bangs.

"Y-yeah. I'll send someone to retrieve him now," The nurse grabbed the tray and rushed out the door.

"Oh and nurse!" she stopped and glanced at Kagome with a questioning gaze. "Please don't let Itachi and Shisui know yet." she nodded and continued forward.

Kagome let out a sigh and leaned back into her bed.

~Timeskip~

It was about a half an hour when Fugaku finally showed up. By that time Kagome had showered and changed into a new set of clothing.

"I see you are doing well, no?" Fugaku asked Kagome as they headed for the exit.

"I feel great! Thanks for agreeing to come," Kagome smiled at him. Fugaku discharged Kagome from the hospital and together the two strolled through the village.

"Was there something you need?" he finally asked.

"Can we... Spend the day... Together?" Kagome questioned avoiding eye contact with the Uchiha. She missed the stunned look on his face when she asked him that.

"I don't see why not..." he replied.

Kagome broke out into a smile. "Alright!" she fist pumped the air. "I have a small amount of money left, enough to get gifts for everyone."

Fugaku couldn't help but allow a smile to grace his stern features as the energetic girl rambled on. "This is going to be a long day," he thought to himself as he followed her around Konoha.