Chapter 6

When Kagome woke, she was in the room Mikoto had provided for her. She blinked away the tired from her eyes and sat up. Just then the door banged open, causing her to flinch from the sound, and in ran Sasuke.

"Kagome!" he jumped into her arms, wrapping his arms around her torso. "You're okay!" he cried.

"I'm fine. Just a little tired is all. By the way how did I get here?" Kagome asked the small boy in her arms.

"Brother carried you here! He was really worried about you!" Sasuke looked up at her with those big onyx eyes of his.

"Was he now?" Kagome smiled and ruffled his hair. "Come on. Let's go downstairs."

Sasuke got off her. Kagome stood up and stretched her muscles. Sasuke took hold of her hand and guided her downstairs.

"Kagome! You're awake!" Mikoto said, wrapping her arms around the teenager.

"Y-yes. I am. Sorry to make you worry," Kagome hesitantly wrapped her arms around Mikoto and lightly patted her back.

Kagome caught Itachi's eye and saw the look of relief he had.

"What happened?" She asked after pulling away.

"I just used too much of my energy is all," Kagome reassured. Kagome looked around the room.

"He's not here," Itachi spoke. "Father went to speak to the Hokage in your place. He was really impressed by your skills."

"Oh. I see," As if on cue, Fugaku walked into the house, holding something in his hand. He stopped right in front of Kagome.

"The Hokage has ranked you as a Jounin," he handed her the object in his hand. "He wished for me to tell you that once you get used to things around here, you are welcome to take a team."

"Take a team?" she questioned.

"Yes. Train a group of students." he said.

"How many?"

"Only 3."

"Oh. I'd be more than happy to do so... Except I'm not really skilled when it comes to hand to hand combat or long ranged. Using a bow does have its disadvantages..." Kagome bit her lip.

"Ah. I can help you out there," Itachi said.

"Can you?" Fugaku looked at his eldest son.

"Yes, father. I will teach Kagome all she needs to know. I'll even train her!" he offered.

"Really!" Kagome chimed in. He nodded and Kagome launched herself at him, capturing him in a hug. He stumbled back a few feet before regaining his balance. He laid a hand on her head.

"Well, we can't get started until you let me go," he chuckled. Kagome released him with a small blush on her face.

Mikoto let out a giggle and walked to the kitchen. Sasuke followed after his mother and Fugaku went to do whatever he does.

Itachi took her upstairs to his bedroom. He motioned for her to sit at the small table he had in the center of his room.

"So what's first?" Kagome asked. She felt like she was in school.

"Hmm first. Do you know what Chakra is?" he questioned.

"Not a clue," she said.

He sat across from her. "Well chakra is the moulding of physical energy, which is present in every cell of the body, and spiritual energy, gained from the mind. I do remember you mentioning you were a priestess, correct?"