Chapter 16

After talking with Naruto for a little while longer, Kagome returned to the house. By that time Shisui and Itachi were awake and currently sitting at the table with tea and cookies Mikoto had provided.

Kagome entered the kitchen and the two boys snapped their attention towards her. The cookie Shisui was eating, fell out of his mouth as he stared at the unharmed Kagome.

"Yo!" she greeted them the same way Kakashi had done.

"Y-you're ok!" Shisui stated.

"Well, duh. I'm a priestess. My healing abilities are far better than the medic nins. However," Kagome held her hand up when noticed Shisui was about envelope her in a hug. "I am still sore and it stings upon contact."

Itachi seemed to be lost in thought as Kagome talked with Shisui.

"Itachi. Are you ok?" she asks him. He blinked and nodded his head, giving her one of his smiles.

"I'm fine." he reassured.

"If you say so," Kagome shrugged and sat down.

Itachi dazed off once again. A few days ago, Itachi and Kakashi had been assigned to help keep surveillance on the Uchiha clan. Even after six years, they were still being suspected of the Nine tails attack. The higher-ups still believed that an Uchiha was behind it and ever since they had been under 24-hour watch.

The Uchiha clan was clearly aware that they were being suspected of this. It troubled Itachi. He knew that this was only the beginning.

"Oh. That reminds me!" he heard Kagome speak. "I... Uh... Have something to tell the two of you..." Itachi looked up at Kagome.

"What?" Shisui asked, leaning back in his chair. He had become much more lively now that he knew Kagome was awake and well.

Kagome glanced between Itachi and Shisui. "I've decided to move in with someone else." Shisui's chair tipped over and he crashed to the ground. He instantly jumped up from his seat.

"What! Why?!" Shisui asked in bewilderment. Itachi too was curious as to why she suddenly wanted to leave. Wasn't she happy here?

As if reading his mind Kagome answered his question. "It's that I'm not happy here. It's just that someone else needs me. Someone who can't take care of himself properly."

"So it's a guy?" Shisui asked, cheeks puffed out. He had a look of annoyance cross his features.

"Yes, it is." Kagome bluntly said.

"Naruto Uzumaki." Itachi confirmed.

"Eh? How did you know Itachi?" Kagome asked him.

"I remember that day you took him out to ramen. He had asked you something and you told him you had to think about it. Well, you've had plenty of time to think about it. After you said that he couldn't take care of himself properly, everything fell into place," he explained.

"Oh. Amazing." Kagome said in awe.

"No." Shisui said. "I don't approve of this one bit."

"It's not like you are my boy-" "Shisui." Itachi interrupted Kagome. "Kagome has made a wise decision. Ever since Naruto's parents died during the Nine tail attack six years ago, he hasn't had anyone to take care of him. Kagome is exactly what Naruto needs."

"Yes," Mikoto agreed. "Naruto Uzumaki needs a motherly figure. Kagome you remind me so much of Kushina. I think you'll do well playing the role as a mother to Naruto. He already adores you."

"H-how do you know?" Kagome stuttered her face turning slightly red from embarrassment.

"Well Sasuke comes home after school all the time to tell me about how Naruto talks about you all the time." She said.