Chapter10

Shisui stared at Itachi's mother with his mouth hanging open and his face slowly turning different shades of red.

"I'm just teasing you," she giggled.

Kagome felt a smile tug at her lips. "Close your mouth or you'll catch flies."

He snapped his mouth shut. "O-of course you were just teasing!"

Itachi knew his best friend liked Kagome. It was really obvious. The way he worried when she went missing, and the way he turned red when his mother mentioned him being in love with her. Like and love were too different things. He had yet to notice that his best friend's crush quickly developed into love.

"Oh right! I have to get ready for my date," she giggled remembering the happy face on Naruto's face when she agreed to take him for ramen.

"Wait! So you really do have a date?" Shisui grabbed her wrist as she rushed by. She looked at him, ready to respond, but stopped for a moment when she saw the hurt in his eyes.

"Yes..."she finally said.

He released her wrist. "Lucky bastard..." he muttered. Kagome didn't hear him, for she had already ran upstairs.

"Shisui..."Mikoto spoke softly. He looked at her. "You really do love Kagome, don't you?"

"Yeah..." he admitted with a smile. "I don't know what it is about her. Is it because she is so unique unlike the other girls here? At first it was just a crush, but then it turned into something more before I even realized it."

Itachi stared at Shisui with wide eyes.

"See you later Mikoto, Itachi, Shisui!" Kagome had taken her jacket off and dressed into something more comfortable.

"Have a great time!" Mikoto called.

The door slammed shut.

"Itachi," Shisui said. The Uchiha boy looked at him.

"What is it?" he wished he never asked. A mischievous look appeared in his eyes. He took a step back, but Shisui quickly wrapped his arm around his shoulder.

"We are going to spy," he snickered at the horrified look the crossed Itachi's face.

"But-" "You don't have a choice!" Itachi sighed. Once Shisui set his mind to something, there was no going back.

The two boys masked their chakra and followed Kagome.

~With Kagome~

She met Naruto up at the ramen stand. Once he caught sight of her he crossed his arms.

"You're late!" he said.

"I know. Sorry," she said as she caught her breath.

"Come on!" He grabbed her hand in his smaller one and tugged her into the small restaurant where they sat on one of the stools and ordered their food.

~With Itachi and Shisui~

The two boys arrived just in time to see Kagome sit on one of the stools. Shisui put a finger to his lips and walked closer to catch their conversation.

"Kagome," the boy was saying. Itachi raised an eyebrow. The voice seemed to be a little young... Was Kagome into younger men?

"What is it?" she asked.

"You live with Sasuke don't you?" he questioned the girl.

"Yes, I do. He's such a sweet boy! I can't wait to have kids of my own!" she let out a dreamy sigh.