Chapter 8

As the week passed by, Kagome found herself getting closer and closer with Shisui and Itachi. After about two days of explanations, Kagome began to feel guilty, Itachi was a ninja after all and eventually he would have to go on missions.

She was given a Jounin jacket and wore her headband around her forehead like most Ninja.

She learned that Itachi had entered the ANBU at a very young age along with Shisui. She was very impressed and wanted to catch up with them. She was so far behind, though, knowing nothing of this world or how things work.

She was given a Jounin jacket and wore her headband around her forehead like most Ninja.

One day, she snuck off before anyone else was awake in the house to go see the Hokage. As she approached the door, she heard voices.

She lightly knocked on the door. The voice stopped. "Come in."

She opened the door. The Hokage was at his desk and what appeared to be a frail old man with a cane. He had black shaggy hair and his right eye was bandaged. An X-shaped scar was on his chin and he wore a white shirt with black, or dark gray, robe over the top of it covering from his feet, to just over his right shoulder.

"Am I interrupting?" she asked.

"No, no Kagome come in. What is it that you need so early in the morning?" The Hokage, Sarutobi, smiled at her. Kagome stepped beside the old man.

"Oh well, I feel bad having Itachi and Shisui teach me all this stuff. I feel like I am holding them back from their duties and was wondering if you could grant me access to the information I need," she said. The man beside her glanced down at the woman.

"She is a Jounin and knows nothing about the world of ninjas?" the older man looked to Sarutobi.

"Ah. Kagome here came from a non-ninja village. Her skills and abilities are good enough to be the rank of a Jounin, eventually an ANBU with enough training," he reached into a drawer and pulled out several scrolls. "Kagome this man here is Danzo. He is the leader and founder of the Root. Everything you need to know is here in these scrolls. If you wish to receive training, Hatake Kakashi may be able to help you out as well. Also would you do me a favor?"

Kagome took the scrolls. "Yeah sure, what is it?"

He slid a file towards her labeled 'top secret', "Will you deliver these to Itachi for me?"

"Yes, sir!" she took the file and tucked it under her arm.

"One more thing," he said. Kagome looked at him. He pulled another scroll from his drawer. "This is a summoning scroll. You can hold things in it as you please."

He opened the scroll out on his desk. "Set the other scrolls here." he pointed to the center of it. Kagome put everything in it, other than the file she was given. "Now I will do this one for you, have Itachi undo it when you get home." Sarutobi did a few hand signs and the items disappeared.

"Oh! Thank you!" Kagome rolled up the summoning scroll and tucked it into her jacket.

"No problem, dear. Make sure no one else gets their hands on that file. It's for Itachi's eyes only," Kagome nodded.

"Ok. See ya later Hokage-sama! Thanks for the scrolls. I'll return them when I am finished," with that said she took off.

"I shall be on my way as well," Danzo said also walking away.

Kagome felt a hand on her shoulder and jumped. "Hey, you're that guy... uhhh... Danzo!"

"Yes, I am." he gave her a gentle smile.

"Was there something you needed?" she asked. His eyes flickered to the file in her arms, but returned to her face. Kagome noticed this.

"The file..." she mentally smirked.

"Ah, I was wondering what abilities it is that you have to be able to be at such a high rank?" he questioned her.

"Well, Itachi did mention something about how I have a special Kekkei Genkai..." she put a finger to her bottom lip.

"Oh? What kind of Kekkei Genkai?" he asked. It was quite obvious he was trying to learn more about her.

"Mm. I'm not sure. It's a... Ah... New one, he said. Something no one has ever seen before," she shrugged and continued walking. Her mind screamed for her to get away from him.

He was following her.

She let out a small growl of frustration and stopped once more. So did his footsteps.

"Look, Danzo, I know what you want," she turned towards him to see his one visible eye set in a glare. "And you're not going to get it. You heard what the Hokage said. This is for Itachi's eyes only."

And then he lunged at her, reaching for the file. She 'eeped' and took off running down the streets intent on getting away from him. If she was good at anything, It was running away. Danzo was hot on her heels. She took a sharp turn to the left, running through the alleyways.

"Gotta hide, gotta hide, gotta hide. Geez, I'm a poor excuse of a Ninja," Kagome looked back to see him, not too close but not too far away either. She ran faster, turning left and right. Then came across a door. She quickly opened it and ran inside. She ran up the stairs and to a random door. Kagome turned the door to find it locked and quickly used a hair pin to unlock it. She threw the door open and quietly shut it.

"Hey!" a voice of a little boy yelled. She looked up to see the blonde haired boy from her battle with Kakashi. He had his fists up ready to fight.

Kagome heard Danzo's footsteps and tackled the boy to the ground, putting a hand over his mouth. He struggled from beneath her, but she just tightened her grip. Finally the footsteps faded away and Kagome released him.

"Sorry kid. I was hiding from someone," Kagome smiled at him and ruffled his hair.

He crossed his arms.

"What's your name?" she asked.

"Naruto Uzumaki," he grumbled.

"Well, Naruto, do you mind if I stay here for a little bit, not long only a couple hours," she smiled at him. A true, genuine smile. Not a scowl or frown like the villagers gave him.

"I guess. On one condition though!" he grinned at her.

"And what is that?" she tilted her head to the side.

"Take me out to ramen for lunch!"

Kagome blinked. "Alright. Deal!" she held out her pinky.

He linked his pinky with hers.

This was the beginning of a beautiful relationship. No not like boyfriend/girlfriend, more like mother and son relationship.